Are you still in that place where you’re not sure what to do to support your blood sugar and optimize your metabolic health? Let me fill you in with some very easy strategies that you can implement in your daily life.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode170.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- The benefits of wearing a continuous glucose monitor
- Strategies to improve your glucose levels and overall metabolic health
- Wearing the continuous glucose monitor provides you real-time information about your glucose levels. It gives you feedback on how certain foods impact your mood and energy levels.
- Metabolic health isn’t just about insulin sensitivity and glucose levels. It’s beyond weight gain or weight loss or fat accumulation. It’s a part of our health from head to toe.
- If you find that you’re having a lot of blood sugar irregularities and mood swings and food is really impacting you, time-restricted eating could be helpful.
- Intermittent fasting is restricting your food intake for longer periods. This could be anywhere from 16 hours up to 24 hours or even more.
- Eating carbohydrates alone is likely going to spike your glucose more than if you are combining it with protein and fat.
- Consider using a glucose monitor to track your metabolic health.
- Support your metabolic health and optimize your glucose and insulin sensitivity.
- Eat earlier in the day.
- Explore intermittent fasting.
- Avoid added sugars and refined foods.
- Keep in mind that fiber is your friend.
- Eat more protein and fat.
“You have to recognize that what you’ve done two years ago, even just a year ago, or three years ago may not be the thing that your body needs for you right now. And that’s really what I’ve just been tuning into and recognizing for myself.”
“Your body is changing. Things in your life are changing. There are so many stressors many of us are dealing with nowadays… And that will mean that your food will have to change too, and the timing of your meals will have to change too.”
Thanks for listening!
Check out our NEWEST program, The Adrenal Reset 28-Day Program. If you’re feeling exhausted, anxious, gaining weight, can’t sleep, and feeling like you need a reset, this program is the perfect fit! Our adrenals are front and center when it comes to restoring hormonal health. That’s why we’ve included a nourishing meal plan, exercise program, breathwork exercises and so much more inside this program to help you feel your very best! Join the Adrenal Reset program at this link here – https://bit.ly/28dayadrenalreset.
Grab your free 5-day Sugar Detox Program and get started today. I’ve created a delicious meal plan to help you balance your blood sugar and optimize your hormone health – holisticwellness.ca/sugardetox
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter and connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save $25 off the NutriSense continuous glucose monitor with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES at https://www.nutrisense.io/.
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site-wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. I absolutely love the Maple toasted hemp seeds and the full spectrum extra-strength CBD oil, which I use before bed. https://eatonhemp.com
- My favorite pendant for EMF protection and stress support. Save up to 50% off the HARMONI Pendant by clicking this link here –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend and their delicious Green Juice Powder. Also, their GOLD in Pumpkin spice is absolutely delicious for this time of year. I’m sipping on one right now with coconut milk. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES to save! –> https://www.organifishop.com
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. I also like adding their amino acids to my pre or post-workout smoothies. My go-to’s are L-glutamine and L-tyrosine. Head to https://canprev.ca for more info on Canprev products. Be sure to check out the NEW Liposomals from Canprev. Currently, I’m using their Vitamin C and Curcumin Liposomal and more products are launching soon! – https://canprev.ca/products/curcumin100-liposomal
Also, CanPrev’s NEW Omega Twists taste amazing. Learn more about them here – https://canprev.ca/products/omega-twist.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s