Have you ever wondered why most diets don’t work? Scientist, functional nutritionist and health coach Matty Lansdown joins the show as we talk about all things involving food and their impact on our health.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode167.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- The history of our food system and why the rates of obesity and disease are so high
- The impact of processed foods on our health
- The optimal diet
- Why fad diets don’t work
- Intermittent fasting
- Water fasting
- Sustainable weight loss
- We’re living in a world where there’s so much sexualized marketing, where everybody feels like they’re not enough, and a lot of people have childhood trauma, which left them with a belief of not being enough and not being worthy of love, and they use sugar and carbohydrates as a coping mechanism.
- Depending on your heritage and your genetic background, you have predispositions to liking or disliking some food or some food being used really well in your body.
- In the last 100 years, we have taken a giant leap in social evolution — of the way we consume food, the types of food that we eat, the way that we find things palatable — that we’ve hijacked the dopamine centers of our brain in a way that we think we’re in control of, but we’re really all addicts because we didn’t evolve with this to be able to regulate that response.
- Inflammation is an indication from the body to the immune system that something is wrong. However, in a lot of the situations that we see, inflammation leads to disease.
- Combining the fad diet culture psychologically with Western medicine’s “a pill for an ill” creates this idea that the human biology is like a light switch — that you can flick the switch and now you’re a healthy person and you can just take a pill. Unfortunately, that’s not how it works.
- To find the diet that works best for you, consider these questions:
- Are you an emotional eater, or are you a sugar addict?
- Do you have excess body fat that you want to get rid of, or do you just want to be healthier?
- JERF: Just eat real food. And then try to figure out, “How does that food affect my hormones?”
“Almost everything, for most people, comes back to not eating right. Whether that be your gut issues, whether that be your brain fog, whether that be the way you respond to stress, the thing that we do every single day is fuel the system.”
“Willpower runs out. Self-respect, when you nail it, doesn’t.”
Thanks for listening!
Join me in my 5-Day Legendary Lead Generation training from Sept 13-17th inside my Holistic Business Collective FB group daily at 11 am EST. Here’s the link to join the FB group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/224019615331249/.
Check out our NEWEST program, The Adrenal Reset 28-Day Program. If you’re feeling exhausted, anxious, gaining weight, can’t sleep, and feeling like you need a reset, this program is the perfect fit! Our adrenals are front and centre when it comes to restoring hormonal health. That’s why we’ve included a nourishing meal plan, exercise program, breathwork exercises and so much more inside this program to help you feel your very best! Join the Adrenal Reset program at this link here – https://bit.ly/28dayadrenalreset.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter and connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Grab Matty’s free ebook on food and self confidence here – https://mattylansdown.com/FoodandSelfConfidenceEBook
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. I absolutely love the Maple toasted hemp seeds and the full spectrum extra strength CBD oil, which I use before bed. https://eatonhemp.com
- My favourite pendant for EMF protection and stress support. Save up to 50% off the HARMONI Pendant by clicking this link here –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend and their delicious Green Juice Powder. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES. Check out the green juice here – https://www.organifishop.com/products/organifi-green-juice-1-bottle
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. I also like adding their amino acids to my pre or post workout smoothies. My go to’s are L-glutamine and L-tyrosine. Head to https://canprev.ca for more info on Canprev products. Be sure to check out the NEW Liposomals from Canprev. Currently I’m using their Vitamin C and Curcumin Liposomal and more products are launching soon! – https://canprev.ca/products/curcumin100-liposomal
Also, their NEW Omega Twists taste amazing. Learn more about them here – https://canprev.ca/products/omega-twist.
Where you can find Matty Lansdown:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s