What are some of the questions on top of your mind? They might be similar to the ones that were asked during our Spring Detox program. Listen in, and hopefully, you’ll find the answers you’re looking for!
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode161.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- The whole foods, plant-based diet
- What type of diet you should do
- Essential oils for digestion
- Organic cane sugar vs coconut sugar
- How sleep impacts detoxification
- The best way to manage psoriasis
- Ways to manage stress, anxiety, headaches, and migraines
- How to increase libido
- How to achieve your weight loss goals and deal with menopause
- Hormonal IUD and weight gain
- The best food supplements for skin and hair
- What foods to avoid if you have fibroids
- Healthy snack alternatives to chips
- Soaking raw nuts before eating them
- Issues with digesting Brassica veggies
- Ways to support bowel movement
- How to deal with bloating and cramps
- We are all biochemically different, and what diet works for one person won’t necessarily work for others.
- If you’re not getting enough saturated fats, you’re not absorbing vitamins A, D, E, and K, which are essential for thyroid health and immune health.
- Our body changes over time, especially as we start to age, so we shouldn’t hold on to one way of eating.
- Exposing yourself to natural light is good for your circadian rhythm.
- If you want to support an autoimmune condition, you’d want to support your gut.
- We all respond to stress differently. It all comes down to how you can best support your body during times of stress. Nutrition, hydration, sleep, movement, and spending time in nature all play a big role in managing stress.
- Our body can’t handle sugar in our 40’s the way that it did in our 20’s and 30’s. As we start to age, our insulin receptors change a lot, and we can’t metabolize sugar the way we once used to.
- Include a variety of plants in your diet.
- When it comes to what diet you should do, listen to your body and see how you feel. Do some trial and error and choose what’s right for your body.
- If you have psoriasis, manage it by eating an anti-inflammatory diet and optimizing your gut health.
- Get the DUTCH test.
- Drink at least 3 liters of water a day.
“We want to be using essentially our diet as our multivitamin… that’s why variety is so keen.”
“Our body changes over time, especially as we start to age, so let’s really honour that and play around with [our diet] and do some trial and error so that we can do what’s right for ourselves and really feel alive and healthy and well. That’s really what matters.”
Thanks for listening!
Learn more about our DUTCH Hormone Program here and see if it might be the next step for you. We’d be happy to support and guide you in your transformation journey!
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter and connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. I absolutely love the Maple toasted hemp seeds and the full spectrum extra strength CBD oil, which I use before bed. https://eatonhemp.com
- My favourite pendant for EMF protection and stress support. Save up to 50% off the HARMONI Pendant by clicking this link here –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend and their delicious Green Juice Powder. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES. Check out the green juice here – https://www.organifishop.com/products/organifi-green-juice-1-bottle
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. I also like adding their amino acids to my pre or post workout smoothies. My go to’s are L-glutamine and L-tyrosine. Head to https://canprev.ca for more info on Canprev products. Be sure to check out the NEW Liposomals from Canprev. Currently I’m using their Vitamin C and Curcumin Liposomal and more products are launching soon! – https://canprev.ca/products/curcumin100-liposomal
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s