Where should you start to work on healing your gut? Listen in as I share some of my personalized gut healing protocols and learn more about foods that support gut health and inflammation.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode158.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Gut-friendly superfoods that you can find in your local grocery store
- Coconut and coconut products
- Bone broth
- Fermented foods
- Leeks and onions
- Cabbage and sauerkraut
- Sweet potato and pumpkin
- Turmeric and curcumin
- Coconut and coconut products are rich in short-chain fatty acids. This means they’re readily available sources of energy that your cells can use up. As a bonus, they’re also anti-viral and anti-bacterial.
- Bone broth is rich in minerals and vitamins. It’s also loaded with amino acids that are very healing. It’s great for gut issues like colitis, diverticulitis, or IBD (inflammatory bowel disease).
- Fermented foods supply our body with lots of amazing probiotics and enzymes and can improve the digestibility of a meal. They protect the integrity of the small intestine and aid in the absorption of vitamins and minerals.
- Leeks and onions are super anti-inflammatory and contain quercetin, a powerful bioflavonoid.
- Cabbage is great for the gastrointestinal system because it’s rich in glutamine, which is healing for the gut. It also contains sulfur compounds that protect against cancer, phytonutrients, and antioxidants.
- Vitamin A promotes optimal cell regeneration and supports immune function, which leads to gut restoration.
- Turmeric and curcumin are very anti-inflammatory and help to soothe the GI tract.
- Protein ensures that our gut lining will be appropriately constructed and that there would be enough building blocks for all of our enzymes.
- If you want to dive deeper into the AIP diet, head over to https://holisticwellness.ca/ where you can find my blog post about it.
- Check out my 10-step process for making bone broth in the Instant Pot in my book, The 30-Day Hormone Solution.
- If you’re going through gut restoration or gut healing, keep fermented dairy products out of your diet (at least initially).
- If you have a yeast infection or if you are hypersensitive to histamine, minimize eating fermented foods.
- Include leeks and onions in your cooking.
- Try juicing cabbage for ulcers or if you’re dealing with gastrointestinal issues.
- Add turmeric and curcumin to your diet. Check out Cha’s Organics in your grocery store.
- Make sure you’re eating adequate amounts of protein.
“When it comes to gut restoration, I would leave dairy products out because they can be quite mucus forming for a lot of people, and a lot of people can be quite triggered from them.”
“Prunes are a go-to if you feel like you are backed up.”
Thanks for listening!
Learn more about our DUTCH Hormone Program here and see if it might be the next step for you. We’d be happy to support you and guide you in your transformation journey!
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter and connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site-wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. I absolutely love the Maple toasted hemp seeds and the full spectrum extra strength CBD oil, which I use before bed.
- My favourite pendant for EMF protection and stress support. Save up to 50% off the HARMONI Pendant by clicking this link here: https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39.
- Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend and their delicious Green Juice Powder. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES. Check out the green juice here: https://www.organifishop.com/products/organifi-green-juice-1-bottle.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. I also like adding their amino acids to my pre or post workout smoothies. My go to’s are L-glutamine and L-tyrosine. Head to https://canprev.ca for more info on Canprev products.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s