How do you find YOUR strong? Renowned body transformation specialist Jenny Van Barneveld a.k.a. Coach JVB talks about helping women feel strong, confident, and empowered in their bodies and their lives through fitness.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode157.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- What inspired Jenny to become a body transformation coach
- How Jenny battled with an eating disorder and how her miscarriages led her to take a deeper look into her hormone health
- What Jenny’s lifestyle looked like before and after her miscarriages
- Jenny’s role as the President of STRONG Fitness Magazine and how her life has shifted since taking on that role
- Doing cardio workouts twice a day is just training your body to do more to lose fat. But it can damage your metabolism especially if you’re not fueling your body properly.
- Eating right is 90% of the battle when you’re trying to lose body fat. You have to know how much you’re eating.
- Rest days between the days you’re weight training are when your body makes those changes.
- Focus on strength instead of weight loss.
- Learn to fill your body with the right nutrients, and don’t be afraid of food and calories.
- When it comes to weight training, train smarter, not harder.
- If you’re new to weight lifting, try it three times a week. Then, bump it up to four times a week.
“I look at those experiences [of miscarraige] now as a blessing, because it did allow me to dig deeper into my own health.”
“One of our Strong Girl’s methods is ‘aspire to inspire’ — sharing your journey because you never know who you’re going to inspire when you share your journey.”
Thanks for listening!
Join our Healthy Hormones Monthly Recipe Club for $9 a month. And if you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow, and you’re going to love it.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter! And don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Subscribe to STRONG Fitness Magazine – https://simplecirc.com/subscribe/strong-fitness-magazine. Discount Code STRONGGIRL
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site-wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. I absolutely love the Maple toasted hemp seeds and the full spectrum extra strength CBD oil, which I use before bed.
- SAVE UP TO 50% OFF ON THE HARMONI PENDANT BY CLICKING THIS LINK HERE –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend and their delicious Green Juice Powder. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. I also like adding their amino acids to my pre or post workout smoothies. My go to’s are L-glutamine and L-tyrosine. Head to https://canprev.ca for more info on Canprev products.
Where you can find Jenny Van Barneveld aka. Coach JVB:
Jenny’s Instagram (@Coach_JVB)
Team Strong Girls’ Instagram (@TeamStrongGirls)
STRONG Fitness Mag’s Instagram (@StrongFitnessMag)
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s