What do you need to know about CBD? How is chiropractic care beneficial for pain management? With more than 20 years of experience at the pulse of the global health & wellness industry, chiropractic doctor Andrew Kerklaan shares his knowledge about these topics and more.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode154.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- What is CBD
- The endocannabinoid system
- The role that CBD plays in improving hormonal health
- Dosing CBD
- Chiropractic care
- Pain management
- How stress can manifest as physical pain
- Movement is an integral part of us being healthy.
- Chiropractic care is the art and science of helping someone move better.
- You can think of chiropractic care as manual therapy. If you think of your body as levers and muscles all working together, if you have a mechanical issue, it makes sense to take a mechanical approach to help yourself improve.
- The endocannabinoid system is a signaling system where enzymes and hormone-type molecules are used to communicate between receptors among cells and help cells regulate their function.
- The theories around the endocannabinoid system are that it’s there to help regulate the overall function of the body. It regulates sleep, mood, digestion, immune response, nervous system function, etc.
- If you can improve the function of your endocannabinoid system, you have the potential to help many different functions within the human body.
- Do some research on the endocannabinoid system.
- Change your stress response through activity and exercise.
“You have to respect health from the perspective of taking a wellness approach. Nutrition is a pillar; sleep is a pillar; movement is a pillar… taking a natural approach to helping people improve those aspects of their health and well-being is a crucial part of being healthy.”
“We could help someone feel better and be looser and have more mobility, but ultimately, they really have to do something about their stress management and stress response.”
Thanks for listening!
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow, and you’re going to love it.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter! And don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Check out the amazing company EatonHemp.com and their line of hemp products. I am currently loving their extra-strength CBD oil before bed. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES to save 20% off sitewide. They ship to the US and CAD!
- SAVE UP TO 50% OFF ON THE HARMONI PENDANT BY CLICKING THIS LINK HERE –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend and their delicious Green Juice Powder. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. I also like adding their amino acids to my pre- or post-workout smoothies. My go-to’s are L-glutamine and L-tyrosine.
Where you can find Dr. Andrew Kerklaan:
Andrew’s Instagram (@drkerklaan)
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s