How are you managing your stress? Dr. Jannine Krause talks about the benefits of acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine in supporting stress management and overall health.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode148.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Acupuncture and its benefits
- The effects of stress on hormones
- Dietary principles in the Chinese medicine culture
- Simple strategies to help lower stress
- Why you shouldn’t do HIIT workouts every day
- Cupping and when you should get it
- Simple everyday things that we can do to boost circulation
- Stress puts us in a “stuck” mode, which means we’re not in a state of flow.
- With acupuncture, what we’re doing is we’re trying to get blood flow going.
- We can use acupuncture near the uterus, near the ovaries, to help the body regulate. We even have points in our ears that can help the hormones regulate and try to get that blood flow going.
- Most of the time when we’re getting stressed out, there’s a need that we have that’s not getting met.
- Cupping is the use of suction to bring blood flow to a broad superficial area of skin tissue and muscle.
- Get acupuncture treatment.
- Mid-cycle to the start of your period, make sure you stay warm and keep things warmer for the body with the food that you eat.
- Take the time to slow down. Work on your schedule and look at where you can put in a break and do something fun.
- Make sure your body knows when your workout is over through breathwork.
- Think of your evenings as a time to reconnect with yourself. Have fun!
- Consider getting cupping treatment if you have tight muscles.
- Get circulation moving through play and fluid movement.
“Spend some time chilling. I think a lot of us, unfortunately, have lost that ability to stop moving and just breathe for a minute.”
“I call it the root of all evil if we don’t have blood flow moving.”
Thanks for listening!
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter! And don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- SAVE UP TO 50% OFF ON THE HARMONI PENDANT BY CLICKING THIS LINK HERE –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress. Cramp Relief is the new product from CanPrev and is ideal for any women dealing with painful period cramps or restlessness around their cycle.
CanPrev Synergy B is an innovative vitamin B complex that delivers the full spectrum of B vitamins in their preferred forms, plus an impressive 200 mg of L-Theanine daily. L-Theanine is an amino acid found in green tea leaves that temporarily produces mental relaxation without any sedating effects. It’s the perfect companion to a B-complex vitamin, enhancing its already stress-reducing and mood-enhancing properties.
Where you can find Dr. Jannine Krause:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s