How does energy impact our hormones, and how can we manage it? Certified nutritional practitioner and holistic lifestyle coach Bryan Hardy shares some tips and strategies to reverse the cycle of burnout and fatigue in our lives.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode147.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Bryan’s health journey
- The tricks that people think are helping them get their energy back
- What you can do to better support your energy
- The connection between energy and hormones
- The long-term effects of not addressing burnout and fatigue
- Energy-cultivating practices
- The difference between men and women when it comes to addressing the issue of energy
- When it comes to supporting your energy, creating a little space for yourself and giving yourself a break can make massive changes over time.
- If you have reduced melatonin, your sleep won’t be as restorative, and your body isn’t going to do as much detoxifying and regenerating work. As a result, when you get up in the morning, you’re very unlikely to have those little spikes of serotonin and cortisol that tell your body to get up and go.
- Hormones and neurotransmitters work in balance, and they have rhythms such as the circadian rhythm.
- When you’re lacking in energy, your immune system gets down-regulated, and so you become more prone to getting sick.
- We all have something that we’re here to do, offer, share, cultivate, or create. And when we don’t have the energy to do that, it’s going to be a massive struggle to try and birth whatever it might be.
- At the end of the day, do something that’s not stimulating and allow your mind to truly relax. Nothing does that better than being in nature. So leave your phone for a while and go for a walk.
- Supplement with ashwagandha (2 to 5 grams before going to bed).
- Take medicinal mushrooms.
- Supplement with a vitamin B complex.
- Practice grounding.
- Practice qigong.
- Do the Legs Up the Wall Yoga pose.
“There are tools, and there are things outside of the mainstream paradigm that can definitely support us. And often, it’s the only way that we actually get to the root of what’s really going on.”
“Having this fatigue and burnout pattern going on really holds us back from doing what we’re here to do and from being who we’re here to be.”
Thanks for listening!
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow, and you’re going to love it.
Join our Healthy Hormones Monthly Recipe Club for $9 a month! Each month, we do a different theme, and for March, it’s all things thyroid health.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter! And don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- SAVE UP TO 50% OFF ON THE HARMONI PENDANT BY CLICKING THIS LINK HERE –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress. Cramp Relief is the new product from CanPrev and is ideal for any women dealing with painful period cramps or restlessness around their cycle.
CanPrev Synergy B is an innovative vitamin B complex that delivers the full spectrum of B vitamins in their preferred forms, plus an impressive 200 mg of L-Theanine daily. L-Theanine is an amino acid found in green tea leaves that temporarily produces mental relaxation without any sedating effects. It’s the perfect companion to a B-complex vitamin, enhancing its already stress-reducing and mood-enhancing properties.
Where you can find Bryan Hardy:
Bryan’s Instagram (@bryanhardy7)
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s