Are you experiencing symptoms of low estrogen? What causes it, and how does it affect your body? And more importantly, what can you do about it?
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode145.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Estrogen vs progesterone
- The different roles that estrogen plays in the body
- How low estrogen affects:
- Weight and appetite
- Bone density
- Hot flashes, night sweats, and insomnia
- Gluten intolerance
- Why our estrogen levels drop
- The benefits of getting the DUTCH test
- What we can do to support our estrogen levels
- As we start to age, we have a lot of hormonal declines that start anywhere between the ages of 35 to 50 and our estrogen will dip.
- The symptoms associated with low estrogen can also be associated with so many other things. The more knowledge you have, the better you can do for your health and your hormones.
- Progesterone doesn’t make you fat. All hormones play a role in weight gain and weight loss.
- Estrogen is that hormone that gives you that femininity. It has over 300 different functions in the body and is the ultimate multitasker.
- Estrogen helps to build and maintain the structure and function of the vaginal, urethral, and vulvar tissues.
- Estradiol is the estrogen in the highest concentration during a woman’s reproductive years.
- From puberty until perimenopause, 80% of the estrogen in the body is estradiol, 10% is estriol (the main estrogen of pregnancy), and the other is 10% estrone (the main estrogen of menopause).
- Low estrogen can affect so many areas that are near and dear to a woman’s heart like sleep, sex, fertility, appetite, and weight.
- The lower your estrogen is, the hungrier you might become.
- Get hormone testing.
- Support your bone density by lifting weights and eating calcium-rich foods.
- Supplement with vitamin E to reduce hot flashes.
- Try acupuncture.
- Consider going on a gluten-free diet.
- Be conscious of your caffeine intake.
- Cut back on alcohol, or eliminate it altogether.
- Add flax seeds to your diet.
- Have sex and orgasm more.
- Supplement with magnesium.
- Don’t exercise too much.
- Take herbs such as maca, red ginseng, hops, and valerian.
“Low estrogen can affect so many areas that are near and dear to a woman’s heart like sleep, sex, fertility, appetite, and weight.”
“Test so that you don’t guess, and you can really strategize what you’re going to do in terms of nutrition, supplementation, and lifestyle.”
Thanks for listening!
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow, and you’re going to love it.
Join our Healthy Hormones Monthly Recipe Club for $9 a month! Each month, we do a different theme, and for March, it’s all things thyroid health.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter! And don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- SAVE UP TO 50% OFF ON THE HARMONI PENDANT BY CLICKING THIS LINK HERE –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They’re great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress.
- Head to your local health food store and check out some amazing products from Garden of Life. Garden of Life Plant Iron and Herbs and their vegan vitamin D3 spray are two fantastic products – https://www.gardenoflife.com.
Where you can find Wendy Myers:
Wendy’s Instagram (@myersdetox)
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s