Do you get that tired but wired feeling? The Morning Adrenal Cocktail can help. Find out how to make it and optimize your adrenals.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode141.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The 3 basic components of the Morning Adrenal Cocktail and how they benefit the adrenals
- The two ways you can make the adrenal cocktail
- You can start your day with the Morning Adrenal Cocktail. But you might need it two or three times a day depending on what’s going on with your adrenals, how you’re feeling, and the symptoms you might be having.
- Around 3 p.m. is often when a lot of people get that cortisol dip. When your cortisol drops at that time of day, that’s when you start to feel very tired and sluggish. It’s an opportune time to take your adrenal supplementation and your adrenal cocktail.
- The 3 basic components of the Morning Adrenal Cocktail are vitamin C, salt, and potassium.
- It’s really important that you get enough sodium in your diet. The more stressed we are, the more sodium we end up losing from our cells. And that causes our cells to dump out potassium as well.
- That delicate balance of sodium and potassium affects the symptoms that we experience with adrenal fatigue.
- Make the Morning Adrenal Cocktail:
The key when making this drink is to make sure you have all three components- vitamin C + salt + potassium. If your trace minerals does not contain potassium, make sure to add in coconut water or find an electrolyte powder or trace mineral liquid that contains potassium.
250-500ml of water
1 packet of ENER-C sugar free Orange
1/2 tsp trace minerals
1/3 cup coconut water (optional – use if your trace minerals does not contain potassium)
1/4-1/3 cup of fresh-pressed orange juice
1/2 tsp sea salt or trace minerals
1/3 cup coconut water
“Less sodium in the system means that there’s more stress in the system ultimately.”
“[The Morning Adrenal Cocktail] really does work wonders. Make sure to get in that sodium-potassium balance. It is so key.”
Thanks for listening!
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow and you’re going to love it.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter! And don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They’re great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress.
- Head to your local health food store and check out some amazing products from Garden of Life. Garden of Life Plant Iron and Herbs and their vegan vitamin D3 spray are two fantastic products – https://www.gardenoflife.com
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s