Are you one of those people who hate taking cold showers and just hate being in the cold in general? Listen in as I share the benefits of cold therapy. They just might change your mind.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode134.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The benefits of cold therapy
- How cold therapy impacts the two types of fat in our body
- Some ways you can incorporate cold therapy
- The white adipose tissue is the body fat that you want to burn, while the brown adipose tissue is what helps you burn calories and burn the white adipose tissue.
- Cold therapy stimulates the brown adipose tissue to burn excess fat and glucose for energy.
- Cold therapy reduces inflammation, swelling, and sore muscles. It’s also linked to improved quality of sleep, more focus, and improved immune response.
- Take on the challenge to incorporate cold therapy in your day! Here are some ways you can do it:
- Use ice packs on the back/neck for 30-60 minutes while relaxing at night when insulin levels are higher and more sensitive.
- Soak your feet in cold water at night or right away in AM when you first wake up. This will stimulate heat throughout the day.
- Suck on ice cubes throughout the day. You can add flavoured stevia to the ice cubes to help sweeten them without adding sugar.
- Have a snow cone for dessert with flavoured stevia. See below for the recipe.
- Take a cold shower upon arising. As a note – 10 seconds isn’t going to cut it, but it’s a start. Work your way up to 3-5 minutes for the best results.
- Lower the temperature in your house by 5 degrees. We always sleep in a cold room, keeping our temperature at around 20 Degrees, or 68F.
- Try the “healthified” snowcone:
- 4 cups ice
- 2-3 strawberry tea bags or other fruity tea
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp fruit flavoured stevia (fruit punch or berry)
Place tea bags in very hot water and let steep for 3-5 minutes. Sweeten with stevia drops to desired sweetness and let cool in the fridge. Once cooled, add to Vitamix (you will need a powerful blender for this) with ice and blend until crushed. Serve and enjoy!
“Not only is cold therapy amazing for speeding up our metabolism; there are so many other benefits as well.”
“The reason I like to use cold therapy is, from an autoimmune perspective, to really help manage and support my symptoms.”
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 20% off site-wide on Skin Essence with the coupon code HEALTHY HORMONES – code is available until December 31st. Just head over to SkinEssence.ca OR skinessenceorganics.com if you’re in the US.
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out Organifi Immune to help support your body during the cold and flu season. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES for your 15% savings.
- Save 20% off ALL Alitura Naturals SkinCare at https://alituranaturals.com. The Clay Mask is the BEST!!
- Save 15% storewide on LeesTea and LeesGhee (the pink chai is my absolute fav! and their maple ghee is amazing in coffee and perfect over roasted vegetables). Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES – leesprovisions.com/healthyhormones.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress.
- Save 15% off your very first order on Naturamarket.ca – They carry the best health food products and they are my go-to source for all things delicious! A few brands that I order on the regular – nutpods, siete, lily’s chocolate, bobs red mill, simple mills and primal palate spices. You’re gonna LOVE shopping here. They only ship to Canada*. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES and save 15%.
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s