What does it really mean to support our microbiome? And how can we optimize our gut health? Dr. Melina Roberts is on the show to talk about all these and more!
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode133.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Foods that we should be eating to optimize gut health
- Supporting our microbiome and decreasing our toxic load
- The connection between our hormones and gut health
- Phyto-hormones vs synthetic hormones
- Electrical conductivity and where minerals fit in to this
- The Keto diet and intermittent fasting
- The microbiome is the ecosystem of bacteria and fungi that live in our gut.
- Gut health is central to how our whole systems function. It plays such a huge role in cancer, chronic diseases, and other health issues.
- Gut health is our window of opportunity to be able to heal the body.
- You should be moving your bowels 1 to 3 times a day.
- Our bodies are electrical systems and that we have electricity running through them. We need strong electrical conductivity within every cell in every system of our body for our body to function properly.
- Sleep is your body’s way of recharging your battery.
- Work on your gut health.
- Eat foods that help in the balance of your microbiome and improve its diversity.
- Decrease your intake of major inflammatory foods: gluten, cow’s dairy, and sugar, or remove them from your diet altogether.
- Decrease your toxic load.
- Improve your body’s electrical conductivity.
- Make sure that you’re taking in enough water and ample amounts of minerals.
- Get ample amounts of sleep.
“What we have to do is really work on the gut health. That really became one of my passions.”
We can’t start balancing out that microbiome and building it up and rebuilding the lining of the digestive track if we haven’t put out the fire yet… In order for us to do repairs, we need those inflammatory foods out.”
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 20% off site-wide on Skin Essence with the coupon code HEALTHY HORMONES – code is available until December 31st. Just head over to SkinEssence.ca OR skinessenceorganics.com if you’re in the US.
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out Organifi Immune to help support your body during the cold and flu season. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES for your 15% savings.
- Save 20% off ALL Alitura Naturals SkinCare at https://alituranaturals.com. The Clay Mask is the BEST!!
- Save 15% storewide on LeesTea and LeesGhee (the pink chai is my absolute fav! and their maple ghee is amazing in coffee and perfect over roasted vegetables). Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES – leesprovisions.com/healthyhormones.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress.
- Save 15% off your very first order on Naturamarket.ca – They carry the best health food products and they are my go-to source for all things delicious! A few brands that I order on the regular – nutpods, siete, lily’s chocolate, bobs red mill, simple mills and primal palate spices. You’re gonna LOVE shopping here. They only ship to Canada*. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES and save 15%.
Where you can find Dr. Melina Roberts:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s