What exactly is the fertility awareness method? Do you still find it confusing to track your cycle? Understand your cycle better and dive into all things vagina health with certified fertility awareness educator and holistic reproductive health practitioner Lisa Hendrickson-Jack.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode128.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The birth control pill, its side effects, and the alternatives that you should consider
- Cycle health and ovulation
- Common health problems with the menstrual cycle and what to look out for
- Cervical mucus and cervix positioning
- The fertility awareness method
- The factors that might affect your temperature reading
- Ovulation predictor kits
- Some nutrition and lifestyle strategies that you can implement to optimize your cycle
- With the birth control pill, there are issues with how women have not been informed or not been given the full picture of it. About half of the women, within a year of starting the pill, come off of it because of the side effects.
- The pill is associated with a whole host of side effects, the most common of which are depression, anxiety, and low libido.
- For a certain percentage of women, the pill contributes to painful sex, the thinning of the labia, the vaginal opening, and even the shrinkage of the clitoris.
- The pill is known to deplete a significant number of nutrients including B vitamins.
- Studies have shown that adolescent girls who are on hormonal birth control are much more likely to also be on antidepressants.
- The ovulation predictor kit doesn’t confirm that you ovulated. What it does is measure a luteinizing hormone, and the strips are programmed with different thresholds.
- Consider getting off the pill if you’re on it and find an alternative.
- Take it into your own hands to learn about your body, and take the responsibility to pass that on to women.
- Make sure you’re not undereating. Start with 3 square meals a day with a good balance of protein, fat, and low glycemic carbohydrates.
- Reduce your chemical exposure.
“For many women, learning to chart the menstrual cycle and understanding how it changes in relation to overall health makes it a fantastic biomarker to pay attention to.”
“The pill is central to feminism. It’s like the symbol of feminism because of what it represents. It represents women being able to take charge of their fertility.”
Thanks for listening!
Join our Healthy Hormones Monthly Recipe Club for $9 a month! Not only do you get the meal plan but also the Pumpkin Recipe Ebook and the Thanksgiving Guide.
Don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Conceiving with Fertility Awareness (free online course)
- Fertility Awareness 101 (free online course)
- The first chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign
- My “Freebies” page (all of my free gifts!)
- Save 15% off your very first order on Naturamarket.ca – They carry the best health food products and they are my go-to source for all things delicious! A few brands that I order on the regular – nutpods, siete, lily’s chocolate, bobs red mill, simple mills and primal palate spices. You’re gonna LOVE shopping here. They only ship to Canada*.
- Join me in my FREE Holistic Business Collective FaceBook Group for weekly business and marketing trainings.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out Organifi Immune to help support your body during the cold and flu season. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES for your 15% savings.
- Save 20% off ALL Alitura Naturals SkinCare at https://alituranaturals.com. The Clay Mask is the BEST!!
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% storewide on LeesTea and LeesGhee (the pink chai is my absolute fav! and their maple ghee is amazing in coffee and perfect over roasted vegetables). Use code HEALTHYHORMONES – leesprovisions.com/healthyhormones
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs. In this episode, Tanya mentioned the products- IMMUNO-MULTI and HEALTHY HORMONES.
Where you can find Lisa:
Fertility Friday Facebook Page
Fertility Friday Instagram (@fertilityfriday)
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s