How can you optimize and support PCOS through nutrition? In this episode, I dish out some strategies that will help you deal with not just PCOS but any hormonal balance at the end of the day.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode127.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Nutritional strategies to optimize and support PCOS
- Preparing yourself mentally when it comes to food and your kitchen
- Building a balanced plate
- Why snacking isn’t good for you
- Snack ideas for when you can’t resist it
- Eating an anti-inflammatory whole foods diet is going to benefit you if you’re dealing with insulin resistance, irregular period, hair loss, fatigue, PMS, menopause, thyroid issues, etc.
- Healing takes time, and it is not linear. There are going to be so many ups and downs, and it’s so important that you recognize that you’re going to have good days and bad days.
- All women with PCOS are different, so the approach to healing is not one-size-fits-all. What works for one woman doesn’t mean it’s going to work for you.
- When it comes to building a balanced plate, there are a few things to focus on: healthy fats, protein, and the right carbohydrates and fiber.
- The more frequently you eat throughout the day, the more you’re spiking your insulin levels. And the more your insulin spikes, the more it impacts your ovaries and sex hormones.
- Prepare yourself mentally when it comes to food and your kitchen:
- Get clear on what it is that you want (i.e. the goals that you want to achieve with your health) and how you really want to feel.
- Make a commitment to ditch your bad habits.
- Get your kitchen ready and stock it with healthy food, ingredients, and products.
- Spend some time planning your meals. Think about your week ahead so that you can start meal-prepping and perhaps batch-cooking.
- Set realistic expectations for yourself.
- Don’t compare yourself to somebody else’s journey.
- Ditch the diet mindset.
- Other tips to think about:
- Eat intuitively. Take a few deep breaths before you eat. Don’t rush into your meals. Sit in peace and quiet without distractions.
- Tune in to your hunger.
- Appreciate your food.
- Chew your food well.
- Build a balanced plate.
- Figure out the best plan of action for you to move forward in your healing journey.
- Make sure you’re antibiotic- and hormone-free.
- Manage your insulin levels.
- Choose a good-quality protein powder
“There’s no harm in going grain-free. And the great thing is, you’ve got lots of options to help you with that.”
“I don’t want anybody to ‘diet’. I want us to live it. And that’s what’s going to lead to longevity.”
Thanks for listening!
Join our Healthy Hormones Monthly Recipe Club for $9 a month! Not only do you get the meal plan but also the Pumpkin Recipe Ebook and the Thanksgiving Guide.
Don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 15% off your very first order on Naturamarket.ca – They carry the best health food products and they are my go-to source for all things delicious! A few brands that I order on the regular – nutpods, siete, lily’s chocolate, bobs red mill, simple mills and primal palate spices. You’re gonna LOVE shopping here. They only ship to Canada*
- Join me in my FREE Holistic Business Collective FaceBook Group for weekly business and marketing trainings
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out Organifi Immune to help support your body during the cold and flu season. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES for your 15% savings
- Save 20% off ALL Alitura Naturals SkinCare at https://alituranaturals.com. The Clay Mask is the BEST!!
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% storewide on LeesTea and LeesGhee (the pink chai is my absolute fav! and their maple ghee is amazing in coffee and perfect over roasted vegetables). Use code HEALTHYHORMONES – leesprovisions.com/healthyhormones
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs. On this episode, Tanya mentioned the products- IMMUNO-MULTI and HEALTHY HORMONES.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s