Can you control aging? Michele Drielick has made it her mission to change the way women age. She shares her positive and encouraging message that while getting older is merely the passage of time, aging is something all women can control with the right information.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode124.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Michelle’s story of seeing her mother’s health declined in the last years of her life
- What causes premature aging
- Strategies to preserve your muscle mass
- Tips on how to age gracefully
- The first domino in the aging cascade flips on when we lose muscle. And we start losing muscle in our 30s.
- The more you yo-yo diet, the more muscle you lose. And when you start losing muscle, your metabolism starts slowing down.
- Some staggering statistics that suggest that up to 60% of women over 50 are not eating enough protein.
- When you lose muscle, that sets the stage to lose collagen. And that sets the stage to lose bone.
- When you sleep, that’s when your body does its healing and building and regenerating. That’s when you have the opportunity to heal your muscle and grow muscle.
- It’s better to make your own collagen than to take collagen.
- Lack of grip strength is tied to all-cause mortality. That means that, all things being equal, you will live a shorter lifespan if you are weak.
- Preserve your muscle mass
- Focus on whole foods and whole sources of protein.
- Exercise or get movement into your day by engaging in various activities.
- Get enough sleep.
- Get supplementation.
“Little hinges swing big doors. When you focus on making the right changes, you can make a huge impact on the health and longevity and the quality of your life as you age.”
“The stronger you become, the better you live. And I dare say it, you live longer but you live better.”
“No matter where you start, it’s never too late. You can actually reverse and rejuvenate your life.”
Thanks for listening!
Join our Healthy Hormones Monthly Recipe Club for $9 a month! Not only do you get the meal plan but also the Pumpkin Recipe Ebook and the Thanksgiving Guide.
Don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- AgelessLX — coupon code is GetAgelessNow
- Interested in learning more about my ALIGN & LEAD BUSINESS MENTORSHIP Program? Email me at email@example.com
- Join me in my FREE Holistic Business Collective FaceBook Group for weekly business and marketing trainings
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out Organifi Immune to help support your body during the cold and flu season. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES for your 15% savings
- Save 20% off ALL Alitura Naturals SkinCare at https://alituranaturals.com. The Clay Mask is the BEST!!
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% storewide on LeesTea and LeesGhee (the one chai is my absolute fav!). Use code HEALTHYHORMONES
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs.
Where you can find Dr. Michele Drielick:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s