Do you find yourself waking up with anxiety or being unable to sleep at night? Or do you have trouble losing weight no matter how hard you try? Dr. Carrie Jones talks about some of the problems caused by hormonal imbalances and how the DUTCH Test can help us find solutions to these issues. Hopefully, this will help you gain some insights into the different puzzles that make up your health, your hormones, and your vitality.
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What is the DUTCH Test?
- What happens when your hormones go down a bad pathway and what can you do about it?
- How long after implementing some strategies to address your hormones can you do a re-test?
- Does blood testing serve a purpose?
- When is the right time in your cycle to test your hormones?
- What is cycle mapping and what can you learn from it regarding your hormones?
- Why is it important that your liver metabolizes your hormones?
- What is the difference between cortisol and cortisone?
- What does it mean when you have very low levels of free cortisol and high levels of metabolized cortisol and vice versa?
- DUTCH stands for Dry Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones, a test that shows hormone imbalances as well as hormone metabolites, which allows you to become proactive with your hormonal health.
- Women can have a hormonal imbalance at any age; and men can have a hormonal imbalance, too.
- More recently, the DUTCH Tests have been updated to include nutritional organic acids and the neurotransmitter metabolites.
- The cortisol awakening response is where your cortisol is supposed to shoot up in the first 30 to 60 minutes of when you wake up. And if you don’t get it right, if it stays low or if it shoots up too high, then you’re not going to get anything else right.
- Consider doing a DUTCH Test.
- Take the necessary steps to balance your hormones, test, don’t guess!
Dr. Carrie Jones said:
“Your genes, they dictate a lot, but there’s a lot you can do to change it. And just because you have the mutation, it doesn’t mean everything is 100%… Just because you have the mutation, it’s entirely possible other things have made up for it.”
“Hormones are a luxury but stress is not. The body is designed to deal with fight or flight, and whether or not you ovulate has no bearing on you living. You can not ovulate for the rest of your life and you will still live, but if don’t have cortisol, you will die.”
“Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger.”
Thanks for listening!
As always, if you have any questions, you can ask me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or submit your questions for future Q&A episodes over at https://holisticwellness.ca/contact/. And come hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- DUTCH Test by Precision Analytical Inc.
- DUTCH Complete or DUTCH Plus – Use the coupon code healthyhormones50 to get $50 off of any online orders
Links to my programs:
- Summer Hormone Detox Program – use code SAVE10 at checkout to save $10
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save $60 off
More from Dr. Carrie Jones
Dr. Carrie Jones’ Instagram: @dr.carriejones
Dr. Carrie Jones’ Website: http://www.drcarriejones.com/
More from Samantha Gladish:
Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook
More About Dr. Carrie Jones
Dr. Carrie Jones is an internationally recognized speaker, consultant, and educator on the topic of women’s health and hormones. She graduated from the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM), School of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon where she also completed her 2-year residency in women’s health, hormones and endocrinology. Later she graduated from Grand Canyon University’s Master of Public Health program with a goal of doing more international education. She was adjunct faculty for many years at NUNM teaching gynecology and advanced endocrinology/fertility and has been the Medical Director for 2 large integrative clinics in Portland. She is the Medical Director for Precision Analytical, Inc, creators of the DUTCH hormone test.