Would you ever consider doing the carnivore diet? Certified nutrition consultant and owner of the popular Keto blog, Grass Fed Girl, Caitlin Weeks talks about why we should think about doing the carnivore diet and puts us up to the challenge.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode118
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The carnivore diet and its benefits
- Why Caitlin started to implement the carnivore diet
- What a day in the life of eating carnivore looks like
- Being on the carnivore diet during pregnancy
- The carnivore diet is basically eating anything that comes from an animal.
- A lot of people who come into the carnivore diet are people who have an autoimmune disease.
- The carnivore diet is the ultimate elimination diet. You can easily identify which foods you’re sensitive to.
- Any kind of discomfort you’re having while on the carnivore diet is going to be helped by taking in electrolytes or salt.
- If you’re going to do the carnivore diet, start doing it with 0 carbs.
- To get the best results, don’t include too much dairy on your diet. Treat dairy as a condiment.
- Anytime you have lean meat, you have to add fat to it.
- Any kind of discomfort you’re having while on the carnivore diet, it’s going to be helped by salt.
“You can’t ever regulate your hormones if you’re not detoxing properly.”
“If you’re struggling with digestion and you’ve tried everything… experiment and see if it could be helped with [the carnivore diet].”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re looking for an amazing community to connect with and a group of women that are all on their journey to healing and optimizing their health and their hormones, join our Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook.
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow and you’re going to love it.
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Grab Caitlin’s 30-Day Carnivore Diet Challenge ebook here
- Get the FREE PDF on the 10 Steps to Start the Carnivore Diet here
- Learn more about our 12-Week Dutch Hormone Program and Testing here
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. My favourites are the Organifi Gold in Chocolate and GLOW. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 20% off ALL Alitura Naturals SkinCare at https://alituranaturals.com
The Clay Mask is the BEST!
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- My ebooks, meal plans & guides are on sale for 20% off with the code SAVE20 – visit shop.holisticwellness.ca to explore your options. If you’re looking for healthy recipe inspiration, there are a ton of meal plans + recipes available there for you to dive into. You’ll get instant access so you can start cooking right away.
- You can get ALL Designs for Health supplements for 10% off with the code SAVE10 over at shop.holisticwellness.ca.
Where you can find Caitlin:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s