How can we navigate these challenging times and do the work of creating a better world starting with ourselves? Become a guru of your own health and happiness. Listen in as life coach Dr. Laura Hughes shares her thoughts on how we can reclaim our power over our health with the help of essential oils.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode110
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Getting into essential oils and what it means to be a doTERRA advocate and create a business
- What epigenetics is all about
- How essential oils play a role in epigenetics
- Reclaiming your power over your health
- Managing your brain, your thoughts, and our hormones
- How you can integrate essential oils to support your journey of reclaiming your health
- What makes doTERRA different from other brands
- Laura’s essential oil routine
- Your genes aren’t your destiny. Just because you have a gene, it doesn’t mean it’s going to express itself.
- Whether a gene gets turned on or off is largely dictated by your dietary choices, your stress, your environmental toxins, and your physical activity.
- The essential oils fit into all the things in our life that we should be thinking of in terms of having the healthiest epigenome that we can have.
- Think about what feelings are coming up in your body and what thoughts are creating those feelings because it’s your feelings that drive your actions that in turn create results.
- Look at the thoughts in your head and where they’re coming from and look at how you can change them to further influence the emotions that drive your actions.
- Do thought work.
- Make sure your brain is as sharp as it can be.
“Basically everything we know that creates a foundation for good wellness influences these epigenetic mechanisms that can turn on and off our genes.”
“We have so much power over our health, and we’ve never been taught that.”
Thanks for listening!
Join our webinar with CanPrev on Strategies to Optimize Your Hormone Health. Just go to bit.ly/hormonehealth101 and get the chance to win amazing CanPrev prize packs valued at $175.
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Thanks to LetsGetChecked for being a sponsor for this episode
- Let’s Get Checked – Get your at home women’s health test kits here – https://trylgc.com/healthyhormones
- Save 20% off with coupon code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% off North American Herb and Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15%
- Check out HEMPANOL PM – My favourite product!
- AOR – you can order online at https://aor.us/ (USA) or https://aor.ca/ (CANADA). Use the code healthyhormones2020 for an extra 5% off, on top of any other discounts. Check out their My Blueprint Genetic at home test kit
- ORGANIFI – save 15% off any of their products with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. Head to – organifi.com/healthyhormones
My favourite product is ORGANIFI Gold Chocolate and GLOW
- My ebooks, meal plans & guides are on sale for 20% off with the code SAVE20 – visit shop.holisticwellness.ca to explore your options. If you’re looking for healthy recipe inspiration, there are a ton of meal plans + recipes available there for you to dive into. You’ll get instant access so you can start cooking right away.
Where you can find Dr. Laura Hughes:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s