I have another Q&A episode in store for you today! I love doing these episodes because I love answering your questions, so keep them coming and enjoy the podcast!
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What is the AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) diet?
- What is a coffee enema and how is it the same as or different from a colonic?
- Should you work out if you have adrenal fatigue?
- What do you use on your hair when you notice that it’s thinning?
- The AIP diet focuses on eliminating gut irritants from your diet. It’s similar to the Paleo diet but restricts a lot more. It works on healing the gut by eliminating certain foods that cause inflammation, which gives rise to gut issues, which in turn causes autoimmune diseases.
- If you are having autoimmune issues and adrenal fatigue, it’s time for you to slow down and shift to lower-intensity exercises and focus more on healing your body, versus pushing it and overdoing it.
- If you have a low-functioning thyroid, you have high-functioning adrenals. So if you’ve got thyroid issues, that means you’ve also got adrenal issues.
- Consider doing the AIP diet especially if you have autoimmunity.
- Try doing a colonic first before jumping into doing a coffee enema.
- Cut down on how often you wash your hair and switch to more natural products.
- Consider getting a full thyroid panel tested – TSH, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3, Anti TPO & Anti Tg
“Coffee enemas are amazing and they’re a great tool and detox protocol that will help with detoxification and, of course, help support gut health.”
“Movement is important, absolutely, but movement doesn’t have to come in the form of high intensity… and so find something that’s a little bit lower intensity and do that and still focus on moving your body, but really respect that process of healing because it does need time.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in diving deeper into healing your hormones and body, check out my Summer Hormone Detox program. This is an amazing program to help you detox out that excess estrogen in your body and support your thyroid. You’ll get a 7-day meal plan with delicious, amazing recipes and the chance to join an exclusive masterclass with me on July 18th.
And if you are interested in joining the CleanBeautyU online program, there are tons of resources there on all things beauty care, including videos on how you can make your own clean beauty products. So make sure to check that out, too!
As always, if you have any questions, you can ask me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or submit your questions for future Q&A episodes over at https://holisticwellness.ca/contact/. Also, come hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- The Paleo Mom
- Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- PureBalance Clinic
- Green Beaver
- Giovanni Cosmetics
- Living Libations
More from Samantha Gladish:
Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook