Why is it important to drink more water? It’s one of those things that we often overlook. Naturopathic doctor Andrea Maxim is on the show to talk to us about how incredibly important it is and how hyperhydration benefits our hormones among other things.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode105.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Hyperhydration and why we need to drink more water
- The importance of hydration for detoxification
- How to hyper hydrate successfully
- Reigniting your thirst signal
- Water quality and water sourcing
- Essential minerals that are important for hydration
- Most of the symptoms and complaints or issues that you have with your body can be resolved or at least improved by hyperhydration.
- Every single element of your body, including every single one of your cells, requires water to allow for fluid exchange.
- Any source of inflammation will cause your hormones to become imbalanced. When this happens, water is the first thing we should be going to.
- Your large intestine is controlled by how hydrated your body is. If you are dehydrated, your body will reserve all of the fluid that it has to maintain your organs, and the more likely you are to be constipated.
- The urine is a huge source to get rid of heavy metals and water-based toxins in the body. Hydration significantly helps with constantly flushing out the bladder.
- Drinking a lot of water when you wake up in the morning turns on your metabolism. It gets your lymphatic system going, it gets your bowels moving, and it gives energy to your brain, your lungs, your muscles, and your joints.
- The thirst signal in your body is so subtle while the hunger signal is so massive. Oftentimes, we think we’re hungry when we’re actually thirsty.
- Your brain is 80% water. If you’re suffering from brain fog, fatigue, or if your memory isn’t as sharp as it used to be, incorporate drinking more water into your lifestyle.
- Think of any single issue that you have with your body right now, try 10 days of hyperhydration, and see it if improves.
- If you’re a woman, drink 3 to 4 liters of water a day. If you’re a man, you can go for 6 to 8 liters.
- As soon as you wake up, find the biggest glass that you can and drink as much water out of that glass as quickly as you can.
- Sip on a liter of water from breakfast to lunchtime, another liter from lunchtime to dinner time, and another liter from dinner time to bedtime, so long as it doesn’t impact your ability to stay asleep.
“I like to think of the liver like a sponge. If that liver is completely full of crap and stuff that we’ve been exposed to… we need to be filling up that sponge, wringing it out daily, and then rinse and repeat.”
“Yes, there is water in wine; yes, there is water in tea and coffee, but the innate principle of those drinks are very dehydrating. We have to be drinking responsibly one for one at the very least.”
Thanks for listening!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Check out the amazing superfood products from Organifi over at https://www.organifishop.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES for 15% off their entire site. I personally love the Organifi Gold in Chocolate.
Where you can find Dr. Andrea Maxim:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s