Do you want to know more about hormone health and the importance of lab testing? Founder of Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (FDN) Reed Davis is here to talk about hormones and the common denominators in labs when it comes to hormone testing.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode101.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Hormone health and why hormones are important to the body
- What the hormones are in charge of in your body
- Metabolic chaos and the different hormonal symptoms you might be experiencing
- Natural things that you can implement to balance out your hormones
- Cellular health
- Hormone tests and the common denominator in lab testing
- Hormones are messengers and signals that float around the body. What the endocrine system does is it sends out these messengers, and wherever there’s a receptor for that hormone, you get an effect.
- Hormones are incredibly important when it comes to bone density.
- If you’re stressed out all the time, this idea of balance between good bacteria and bad bacteria goes out of whack.
- As far as nourishment goes, you need to eat the right combination of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. And those ratios are really critical in terms of producing energy.
- Whether or not to take bio-identical hormones might depend on how old you are. People who are really old generally feel much better and function better if they’re taking bio-identical hormones.
- The general principles of health-building involve corrective diet, rest, exercise, stress reduction, and supplementation.
- Don’t just cram down a bunch of supplements. Rather, make sure you don’t get exposed to the virus that’s going around.
- Build a good, strong resistance to things. This boils down to being healthy.
- Eat right. In other words, eat good, nutritious food.
“If you lived yourself into trouble — you ate yourself into it, you lacked-of-sleep yourself into it, stressed yourself into it — then you can reverse that every step of the way. You just need someone with a system to follow.”
“A sense of wellbeing should go along with being well-nourished. It should nourish your brain as well.”
Thanks for listening!
We’ve opened registration to the Metabolic Reset program. Join now! Make your health a priority and be a part of our amazing community!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 15% off North American Herb and Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15%
- Save 20% on Skin Essence Products with the coupon code healthy hormones + free shipping on orders of $50 or more in the US and Canada.
- AOR – you can order online at https://aor.us/ (USA) or https://aor.ca/ (CANADA). Use the code healthyhormones2020 for an extra 5% off, on top of any other discounts.
- My ebooks, meal plans & guides are on sale for 20% off with the code SAVE20 – visit shop.holisticwellness.ca to explore your options. If you’re looking for healthy recipe inspiration, there are a ton of meal plans + recipes available there for you to dive into. You’ll get instant access so you can start cooking right away.
- You can get ALL Designs for Health supplements for 10% off with the code SAVE10 over at shop.holisticwellness.ca
- Functional Diagnostic Nutrition – Enroll now!
Where you can find Reed Davis:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s