What’s your routine before going to bed? If you don’t have one yet, it’s about time we create one for you! Sleep has been the number one thing on my get-healthy list over the past year, so perk up your ears as I share with you some of my best tips for the best sleep ever.
Click here to Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
In this episode you will learn:
- Why do you need some kind of routine before going to sleep?
- What is melatonin and what does it do?
- How can you optimize your sleep and get the best sleep ever?
3 Key Takeaways:
- It’s so important that we create a nighttime ritual because our bodies really crave routine.
- We are very connected to the sun and the moon, which is why our hormones, specifically cortisol and melatonin, mimic the rhythms of light and dark.
- One of the ways that you can optimize your sleep while you are awake is to expose yourself to sufficient sunlight during the day.
- Eat your last meal at least three hours before bed.
- Turn the lights down low and avoid the blue light coming from your computer, TV, or cell phone at least an hour before going to bed.
- Overhaul your bedroom and create a space that is conducive to sleep.
- Soak in the tub before going to bed.
- Avoid stimulants. This means no coffee after 2 pm or late in the day.
- Have sex before going to sleep.
- Go to bed before 11 PM.
- Have a digital detox.
- “Getting outside is really going to be essential to getting good quality sleep.”
- “Sleep is so important for overall health so you really want to make sure that you are creating a relaxing environment that will aid in the best sleep ever.”
Thanks for listening!
I would love to hear from you! Find me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or come hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness private community on Facebook. Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave me a review, and let me know how you’re liking the podcast!
Products mentioned in the episode:
More from Samantha Gladish: