This combo of ingredients is amazing!
If you’re a fan of body scrubs (or at least picking them up in the store and smelling every one of them!), then you’ll love the aroma of these delicious ingredients and how they come together to make a skin smoothing, cellulite reducing, moisturizing scrub.
I love making my own homemade beauty care products because that means I get to decide exactly what goes in it and can make sure all the ingredients are #qualitarianapproved!
Unfortunately, most body scrubs (especially if you’re shopping for them in generic drug stores) carry a boat load of chemical ingredients that actually cause more damage to your skin in the long run and even dry your skin out! Not cool!
You won’t find any chemical ingredients in this scrub here. In fact, it’s made with only clean beauty approved ingredients that it’s even edible! Yes, you can literally eat it!
So let’s get our hands dirty and whip up some homemade scrubs. I made these over the holidays and wrapped them up with pretty ribbon and gave them away as gifts. They were well received!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (brand I used was Wholesome)
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar (brand I used was Wholesome)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (not melted, not solid, just room temperature and soft. I used Progressive Organic Coconut Oil)
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 10-15 drops lime essential oil (I used doTerra)
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Using a hand blender, combine all the ingredients. This allows it to get nice and fluffy.
- Transfer scrub to a wide mouth mason jar and leave it in the shower. Use it 3-4 times a week, being extra gentle if you use it on your face.
- Be sure to focus on scrubbing all the 'important' areas such as, knees, elbows, hips, butt and thighs.