Wholefoods sells these Marshmallow Sweet Potato muffins that are so ridiculously good, it’s really hard to resist them. But… I did!
Yesterday, when grocery shopping and enjoying a Gojiccino (which you absolutely have to try the next time you’re at Wholefoods) the muffin was starring me right in the face. I swear it let it out a gentle “eat me now!”
I wanted it so badly but thought about the tummy ache I’ll get after and how I’ll feel really tired walking home from the store and probably just want to sleep and will end up skipping the gym and then feeling really guilty.
All because of a damn muffin!
It was muffin heartbreak.
Now I know you know what I’m talking about! You’ve been there before; wanting to so badly indulge in something and did all that you could to talk yourself out of it AND into it, it just became so mentally exhausting.
Just because I’m a Nutritionist doesn’t mean I don’t have those same experiences you do.
We’re all human and we should all eat muffins 🙂
Typically, I’m all about giving into indulgences (within boundaries of course), but given the fact that I was not feeling so swell yesterday, I decided to forgo it. The Gojiccino was a treat in itself (I order mine with unsweetened almond milk by the way).
So when it comes to treats, sweets and muffins, you know I love to bake and I love to healthify recipes.
Enter these No Bake SunButter Bars. No baking required! They are damn good, damn indulgent, damn tasty and way damn better than any store bought, high sugar muffin.
On the healthy flip side, they are low in sugar, high in protein and healthy fats and completely free of any processed junk.
Cuz that’s how I roll!
This recipe is straight out of my 21-Day Whole Food Spring Detox. I’ve included low sugar and protein rich treats for my detoxers to enjoy, because let’s face it, we all want a little sugar sometimes.
You can join the Spring Detox today and save $20. It’s on special for a limited time. I had hundreds of women join the detox back in April and they reaped many incredible benefits! Clearer skin, more energy, inches shed around their waist. It was great to be a part of everyone’s journey.
You’ll get hooked up with my delicious 21-Day Meal Plan, Complete Detox Guide (a 30 page ebook full of the best detox protocols) and my Qualitarian Life ebook.
- 1 cup SunButter (can sub for almond butter)
- 1 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup coconut sugar (more or less depending on how sweet you’d
- like it)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ - ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (I use Organic Coconut Oil from Progressive Nutritional Therapies)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, sea salt, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Stir through the SunButter until fully incorporated. Batter should be quite crumbly.
- Add the almond milk, one tablespoon at a time, until a very dense batter is formed.
- Press into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper and press firmly.
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate chips with coconut oil. Once melted, pour over bars and smooth over.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour then cut into bars
- *To add in more protein to this recipe you can experiment by using 1/2 a cup of coconut flour and 1/2 cup of your favourite protein powder. I like using Progressive Organic Whey. It's grass fed, plus it works well in a recipe like this because it blends really well. The vanilla is delicious and it's sweetened with stevia.