How do you deal with hormonal teenagers? Naturopathic doctor and mother, Dr. Rachel Schwartzman shares her insights about how to support teenagers and their overall health.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode95
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Dealing with hormonal teenagers, supporting their health, and optimizing their hormones
- Women’s health and hormonal health
- Strategies that women can implement to support their hormones
- The benefits of acupuncture
- The organic acid test and what it looks at
- Creating a healthy home
- What it means to be a birth doula
- Kids can start with herbs from as young as when they start eating solids.
- When it comes to the products that you use, for something that’s chemical-based, you can find a natural alternative.
- Cruciferous vegetables, the brassica family, are very good at detoxifying our hormones and are great for the liver.
- Honey is the best cough syrup. When you add garlic to it, it’s very good for immune support.
- Herbs can be a great medicine to help balance out our hormones.
- Vitamin B6 helps to metabolize estrogen.
- Acupuncture helps with symptom management and helping to balance out hormones.
- Our best management for pain when giving birth is good labor support.
- Start your kids with herbs from a really young age.
- Help your children to detox on a daily basis.
“Being healthy and getting into our optimal health… it takes some work, but the pay-off is really great.”
“When we’re doing acupuncture, it’s really a great way to balance out the entire whole person. We’re not really working on just one symptom picture but we’re actually taking that whole person into consideration.”
Thanks for listening!
If you absolutely want to join the Metabolic Reset but missed the registration, send me an email at email@example.com or a direct message on Instagram. The next round starts next week and we kick-off as a community on March 2, 2020.
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 15% off North American Herb & Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15
- Check out CBD oil from Ned at helloned.com – save 15% off your first order with coupon code HealthyHormones
Where you can find Dr. Rachel Schwartzman:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s