What happens when you have high estrogen levels, and what can you do about it? If you want to learn more about estrogen dominance, this podcast is chock-full with the information that will help you avoid it or heal it, and inspire you to make that change to hormonal health!
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode84.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What is estrogen dominance?
- What are the symptoms of estrogen dominance?
- What are some causes of estrogen dominance?
- What can we do to heal estrogen dominance?
- Estrogen dominance for women is the condition of having far too much estrogen in relation to other hormones, in particular, progesterone in the body.
- With the overexposure that we have to plastics, chemicals, environmental toxins, food toxins, and stress, there is a good chance that many people are dealing with estrogen dominance.
- One of the main reasons why there has been a noticeable rise in estrogen dominance among women is because the use of the birth control pill has become so popular.
- The more fat cells you have, the more estrogen you will make. And the more estrogen you make, the more fat you will store.
- Do a DUTCH test or a saliva test to find out where your hormone levels are at.
- Limit your soy and coffee intake.
- Find a healthier alternative to the birth control pill.
- Avoid personal care products that contain xenoestrogens and other toxic chemicals.
- Filter your water and drink out of glass or stainless steel.
- Eat enough fiber and choose organic as much as possible.
- Dry brush.
- Ditch the plastic.
- Manage your stress.
- Take supplements that can help with estrogen dominance.
“The pill is really going to create the perfect storm for hormonal imbalances.”
“It’s really important to support a healthy body weight and to support detoxification overall.”
Thanks for listening!
Join our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge!
Save 20% on Skin Essence products with the coupon code healthy hormones and get free shipping on orders of $50 or more in the US and Canada.
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- How to Ditch Hormonal Birth Control eBook
- Find a Spring
- The Detox Market
- The Environmental Working Group
Recommended brands and products:
- Natural Factors Turmeric
- Can Prev – I3C Supplement
- Cedar Springs Water
- Consonant Skincare
- Living Libations
Past episodes mentioned:
- Episode 2: Detoxing + Cleansing Foods + Your Toxic Environment
- Episode 7: Tips for Glowing Skin, Safe Sun Protection & Toxic Chemicals in Your Products
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s