Have you ever wondered what it’s like to not have a period? Adrienne Nolan-Smith shares her journey of dealing with amenorrhea and recovering from chronic Lyme disease. She talks about the importance of becoming your own health advocate and being more knowledgeable and informed about your symptoms.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode82.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Understanding amenorrhea and taking the steps towards healing
- Recovering from chronic Lyme disease
- Working in the conventional health system and realizing its limitations when it comes to supporting chronic diseases
- Creating WellBe and bridging the gap between the health care system and the wellness movement
- The kind of medicine that should be practiced today is not built into the current insurance model (at least in the US).
- If you want quality practitioners and doctors who are going to roll up their sleeves and do the hard work with you to figure out what’s going on and help you heal, you have to understand that it takes time to investigate the root cause of your symptoms, and it’s currently outside of the insurance model in the US.
- Your diet and the condition of your gut are hugely connected to your hormones.
- When healthcare and wellness finally come together, we’ll be able to reverse the chronic disease epidemic.
- The only way you can have real healing is to get the body to a place where it can heal itself and utilize the incredible power of the immune system.
- Be your own advocate when it comes to your health and do some research before you see a conventional medicine practitioner.
- Make sure your home is optimized for health. Throw out and replace everything toxic in your home and in your everyday habits.
“I know so many people with means and education who are still making terrible decisions about their health every single day.”
“I need to spread awareness and education before I can start talking to people about the actionable steps of now making these changes or helping them further.”
Thanks for listening!
Join the FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge! We are so excited to help you eat better, feel better, and ditch those cravings.
Pre-Order my NEW BOOK, The 30-Day Hormone Solution at hormonesolutionbook.com and grab over $350 in free online bonuses!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Join the WellBe Spark Health Program
Where you can find Adrienne:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s