What form of birth control should you be using if you’re not going to use a birth control pill? This is a question that I get a lot, and one that I’m going to dive into in this episode. If this is something that you’ve been wanting to know, tune in and learn what non-hormonal birth control options are out there for you.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode81.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The symptoms that you experience when you’re on the pill
- Your non-hormonal birth control options
- Using the birth control pill causes a lot of nutrient depletion like zinc, magnesium, vitamin C and the B vitamins — all things that are so important and needed for supporting your hormones, your cycle, and your overall health.
- All forms of hormonal contraceptives can increase your risk of cancer.
- When it comes to natural forms of birth control, the number one is to do natural family planning.
- Even if you have a very irregular cycle, you can still do natural family planning. It’s going to provide you with so much data and information about your body.
- The Copper IUD can deplete your body’s ability to absorb zinc, so if you’re going to use it, it’s recommended that you supplement with zinc
- Be conscious of the synthetic hormones that you are putting into your body.
- Consider doing natural family planning.
- Use the barrier method.
“As we age, our hormones do decline. And so it’s really important to integrate some important protocols and strategies and a lot of self-care so we can age gracefully and we can have a lot of ease around our cycles and as we head into menopause.”
“If you know you want to be a mom in the future, use condoms today because it’s really one of the best ways to protect your reproductive organs and keep them healthy…”
Thanks for listening!
Pre-Order my NEW BOOK, The 30-Day Hormone Solution at hormonesolutionbook.com and grab over $350 in free online bonuses!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Past episodes that you shouldn’t miss:
- Podcast Episode 46: What We’re Not Told About the Birth Control Pill and Post Birth Control Syndrome
- Podcast Episode 80: The Effects of Environmental Toxins on Your Health and Hormones + How to Reduce Your Toxic Exposure
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s