What is the one test that could save your life? In this quickie episode, I talk about a really important test that we run in our practice, which is the test for CRP (C-reactive protein) levels. Find out what level you should be at, and what lifestyle changes you can incorporate when your CRP levels are high.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode78
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What is CRP (C-reactive protein)
- Why it’s important to know your CRP levels
- How your weight impacts your CRP levels
- What CRP level you should be at
- What you can do to lower your CRP levels
- CRP (C-reactive protein) is a marker of inflammation in the body, so high CRP levels are found in every known inflammatory state. It’s manufactured throughout the body and found in immune cells, the liver, and fat cells.
- When your CRP is chronically elevated, this is what can contribute to destructive chronic inflammation.
- Even if you have no symptoms of a disease, elevated CRP levels may signal an increased risk for all degenerative disorders.
- A study has shown that women with the highest CRP levels had a 16-fold risk for developing diabetes.
- CRP is linked with a lot of cardiovascular-related conditions.
- Most individuals who are overweight tend to produce more inflammatory compounds, which leads to higher levels of CRP and increases your risk of developing a disease.
- Omega-3 fish oils can lower your chances of getting a heart attack by 50%.
- Test for your CRP levels and know what your level should be at
- What to do to lower your CRP levels:
- Change your diet.
- Take supplements and probiotics.
- Use essential oils.
“If you do the CRP test and you notice that it’s high, you can take the right steps to lower it. It’s totally possible.”
“You really want to be proactive with your health and take preventative measures because this is the best way to decrease your chances [of] developing chronic disease and inflammation.”
Thanks for listening!
Interested in essential oils? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our Dutch Hormone Program!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie.
It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review over on iTunes or Spotify or Stitcher, or whichever platform you’re listening to us on. Take a screenshot of your review and email it over to us, and get our FREE 3-Day Hormone Balancing Meal Plan.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: