What are the Hormonal Charlie’s Angels? Listen in to one of my Facebook Live recordings, find out more about your hormones, and learn to connect the dots when it comes to your health.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode75.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- My hormonal health story
- The hormonal Charlie’s Angels: cortisol, estrogen, and thyroid
- What happens when these three hormones are out of balance versus when they’re in balance
- Some simple strategies that you can do to support these hormones
- Whether you’re fired up from work with your to-do list or fired up from running from a tiger, they’re the same stress to your body and it’s going to take a toll on your immune system.
- If you had caught some kind of viral infection, bacterial infection, or parasite infection in the past, if you haven’t been able to heal them appropriately, they can start to show up in your later years.
- Cortisol is a very smart, no-nonsense, strategic-thinking hormone. It’s alert in your nervous system to threats.
- If you are experiencing weight gain, cortisol and insulin are the two hormones you want to look at as both are fat-storing hormones.
- When you are constantly stressed, the communication between your brain and your adrenals is impaired, that’s why you experience adrenal burnout.
- A dysregulated cortisol could lead to diabetes, metabolic syndrome, depression, low sex drive, low thyroid, fatigue and exhaustion, irregular and heavy periods, autoimmune conditions, infertility and PCOS, and accelerated aging.
- Your thyroid is what controls your metabolism.
- When you have dysregulated thyroid, you’re going to feel sluggish, run-down, and tired. You’re going to experience infrequent bowel movement, and you might be constipated. You might also experience unexplained weight gain, depression, feeling inflamed, excessive menstrual bleeding, and excessive hair loss.
- Your estrogen is so important because it helps to produce your serotonin.
- When your estrogen is out of balance, you might experience very low libido, very dry skin, increased hunger, a lack of ovulation, a heavy period, more breast tenderness around your cycle, fibroids and cysts, more PMS symptoms, more brain fog, and PCOS.
- Connect the dots with your health.
- Look back to your health history and see all these different areas where things could have gone wrong and started to impact your health.
- Manage your cortisol, estrogen, and thyroid, as well as your insulin and blood sugar.
- Implement these strategies to support your hormones:
- Pay attention to your nutrition and eat an anti-inflammatory whole foods diet.
- Create a healthy routine around sleep.
- Make sure you stay hydrated all the time.
- Move and sweat.
- Try acupuncture.
- Avoid endocrine disruptors.
- Supplement with Vitamin C.
“Your body can’t differentiate between a to-do list that’s super long or running from a lion in the jungle. It’s all a stressor to your body.”
“Weight loss isn’t a linear process. Your health in general… it’s about taking the baby steps every single day.”
Thanks for listening!
We’d love to have you in our 8-Week Metabolic Reset Weight Loss Program! It’s a program that addresses all of the things that cause weight issues. It is your one-stop-shop for losing weight and balancing your hormones. Plus, you only need to pay once to remain a member of the Metabolic Reset for life!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review over on iTunes or Spotify or Stitcher, or whichever platform you’re listening to us on. Take a screenshot of your review and email it over to us, and get our FREE 3-Day Hormone Balancing Meal Plan.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code PODCAST at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s