Are you looking to boost your fertility? A nutrient-dense diet that’s full of antioxidants and vitamins and minerals along with an adequate intake of healthy fats and herbs will not only improve your overall health and cycle but also improve your chances of conceiving. Here are the 12 best foods and herbs to boost your fertility and optimize your hormones overall.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode64
Click here to Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The factors that affect your fertility
- 12 foods and herbs that support fertility and hormonal health
- Foods rich in omega-3
- Quality fats
- Foods rich in folic acid
- Leafy greens
- Sunflower seeds
- Bee pollen
- Red raspberry leaf
- Fertility goes beyond just having babies. It’s having a healthy cycle, not having ridiculous PMS symptoms, and regularly ovulating.
- One in eight couples struggles with infertility.
- Our bodies are extremely sensitive to our environments, especially when it comes to food.
- Omega-3 helps support hormone levels.
- Vitamin D is essential for supporting healthy ovulation.
- Folate plays a crucial role during pregnancy.
- Leafy greens provide you with a ton of vitamin E, calcium, and magnesium, all of which help to promote a healthy menstrual cycle.
- Detoxification is essential to fertility because it helps aid the liver in metabolizing hormones better and ridding the body of excess toxicity.
- Rethink what you’re eating and change your diet to boost your fertility.
- Keep your diet as clean and nutrient-dense as possible to really increase your chances of conceiving and increase your chances of supporting your health, your body, and your hormones long-term. What you do now with your hormones, your health, and your diet is going to be a reflection of what shows up in the next couple of years.
- Consistently eat foods rich in omega-3, and increase your fat intake.
- Consider supplementing with folic acid during pregnancy. Look for folate, or specifically the 5-methyltetrahydrofolate or the L-methylfolate or metafolin.
- Include many detoxifying herbs and foods in your diet to ensure you’re eliminating toxic build-up, which could and may have an effect on your chances of conceiving.
“Whether you want to get pregnant or not, we still want to remain fertile because it means our hormones are in check.”
“Make sure that you’re eating a clean whole foods diet, and your body and your health will benefit you greatly.”
Thanks for listening!
Join the Healthy Hormones for Women Online Program! We’ll load you up with the most amazing meal plans and recipes that will really support ovulation and menstruation and the different phases of your cycle. And all the recipes are delicious!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie! And it would mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review over on iTunes or Spotify or Stitcher, or whichever platform you’re listening to us on. Take a screenshot of your review and email it over to us, and get our FREE 3-Day Hormone Balancing Meal Plan.
- Beekeeper’s Naturals
*Shop at the Holistic Wellness Shop. If you’re in Canada, you can order directly off of our shop page and use the coupon code save15 and get 15% off.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code PODCAST at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s