Welcome to another Q&A episode! Listen in as I answer some of your questions and give tips on how to stay healthy despite working night shifts.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode63.
Click here to Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- My thoughts on breast implants and autoimmunity
- What essential oils to use to create wasp and mosquito repellents
- How to deal with adult acne
- Tips on how to stay healthy despite working night shifts
- There is definitely toxicity in silicon and saline implants, and more women who have had breast implants are now choosing to take them out because they have been causing so much inflammation and pain. After doing so, these women are reported to experience a better quality of life and health.
- There could be a lot of reasons as to why you have autoimmunity. It could be heavy metal toxicity, environmental exposure, and toxicity from implants among other things.
- How to make a DIY bug repellant: In a small spray bottle, put 3 to 6 drops each of clove + lemongrass + geranium, and top it off with a small amount of water.
- Fill a 2 to 3-ounce bottle, fill it with two-thirds of water, and add about 15 drops each of lavender + lemongrass + peppermint.
- The biggest factors that contribute to inflammation are dairy, gluten, and sugar.
- When your circadian rhythm is disrupted, you can end up craving more sugar and wanting to eat more because it can impact our insulin and cortisol levels.
- Pop a vitamin B1 before you go to where there are mosquitoes. There’s something in the B1 that gives off this aroma from your skin that deters them from biting you.
- If you’re dealing with adult acne, eat anti-inflammatory foods and avoid dairy, gluten, and sugar.
- If you’re working night shifts, make sure to schedule your sleep. Use blackout blinds and blue light blocking glasses.
- Support your gut health by eating clean whole foods.
- Incorporate a lot of relaxation and meditation in your daily life.
- Spend some time under the sun and get vitamin D in.
“Your wellbeing and our self-care has to go up to the next level when you are working a night shift because you really are flipping your circadian rhythm and it’s really unnatural for your body to be in that phase”
“Even though you may not have physical stressors going on in your life or psychological stressors going on in your life, the fact that you’re just working night shifts and you are up during the wee hours of the night, it is a stressor to the body.”
Thanks for listening!
Join the Healthy Hormones for Women Online Program! Experience all kinds of incredible results just from supporting your hormones and eating and supplementing in the right way. At the end of the day, we just want you to have happy, healthy, thriving hormones and vibrant health.
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie! And it would mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review over on iTunes or Spotify or Stitcher, or whichever platform you’re listening to us on. Take a screenshot of your review and email it over to us, and get our FREE 3-Day Hormone Balancing Meal Plan.
- doTERRA TerraShield Spray and Oil
- Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever (Living Libations)
*Shop at the Holistic Wellness Shop. If you’re in Canada, you can order directly off of our shop page and use the coupon code save15 and get 15% off.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code PODCAST at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s