Do you want to live the best life ever? Here are 12 strategies that can help you achieve that, through optimizing your energy and supporting your hormones.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode60
Click here to Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- 12 strategies for optimizing your energy, feeling your best, feeling balanced and whole, and supporting your hormones
- Tips that will support you on your health journey to feeling your best and looking your best
- Why goal setting or soul setting is important
- Intermittent fasting: when it’s good and when it’s bad
- The kinds of supplements you should consider getting
- The benefits of drinking lemon water
- Why you should cut out snacking
- Why you should mind your gut
- Healthy desserts
- What to do to “unplug”
- Moving past mistakes and forgiving yourself
- What self-love is really all about
- When it comes to goal setting, what is it that you really want to achieve? Whatever it might be, it’s really important to get started with setting out a clear plan and having some real concrete goals in place.
- Having a timeline for achieving your goals can create the urgency that you need to accomplish them.
- Soul setting is asking yourself: What is it that your soul really desires? What is it that you need more of in your life? What is it that you need to let go of?
- Implementing intermittent fasting is a wonderful strategy especially if you really need to support weight or blood sugar issues and insulin resistance, but not if you’re dealing with a lot of stress and adrenal issues
- Supplements are never going to be the master-fixer of all things. They’re not going to work as well if you don’t have the right lifestyle in place.
- Lemon is not a miracle cure, but it’s definitely loaded with vitamin C, lots of phytonutrients, and citric acid. Drinking lemon water is a simple and basic way to support liver detoxification.
- Minding your gut health and cultivating a healthy microbiome helps to reduce your cravings and supports your digestive system overall.
The 12 Strategies You Can Implement
- Set goals and accomplish them. And set a timeline for achieving those goals.
- Plan ahead and be ready. It’s really important that when you have a health goal to achieve, that you become strict with yourself, stick to your goals, and plan ahead. Spend time mapping out different restaurants and places in your area that serve fresh, healthy, delicious food.
- Eat a healthy satiating breakfast. Make sure that it’s PFF-approved or that it’s the right blend of protein, fat, and fiber. And if you’re rushing in the morning, plan your breakfast the night before.
- Get your supplements in. Consider supplementing with fish oil, probiotics, protein powders, vitamin D, and magnesium.
- Drink lemon water.
- Cut out snacking. The more you eat throughout the day, the more you spike your blood sugar. Instead, focus on eating three balanced meals a day and getting in lots of water in between meals.
- Get your greens and salads for lunch.
- Get your omega-3s. But make sure to avoid tuna.
- Make sure you have a healthy gut.
- Make sure the desserts you’re having are healthy desserts.
- Unplug. Give your mind a break. Do things that truly feed your soul.
- Move past mistakes. Don’t let your negative self-talk take over.
“You have to forgive yourself for what you’ve done in the past. What you do now and what you do moving forward does not have to be a representation of what has happened in the past. So give yourself that clean break, that clean slate, and just move forward.”
“In any stage of a new, healthy lifestyle, there’s going to be obstacles; you’re going to mess up; you’re going to make mistakes. But that doesn’t mean that you have to give up. It’s a temporary thing, and the temporary mistake doesn’t have to be an ongoing mistake.”
Thanks for listening!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie! And it would mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review over on iTunes or Spotify or Stitcher, or whichever platform you’re listening to us on. Take a screenshot of your review and email it over to us, and get our FREE 3-Day Hormone Balancing Meal Plan.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code PODCAST at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s