Do you find yourself over-consuming food a little and indulging in a little bit too much sugar or caffeine or alcohol during the holidays? Implement these simple strategies to help support your digestive system and feel amazing over the holiday season!
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode41.
Click here to Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- 11 simple strategies that you can implement to optimize your digestion
- The different organs and body parts that play important roles in digestion
- Why chewing your food is important
- The different types of fiber and why you should get plenty of it
- How exercise helps digestion
- Why digestive enzymes are good for you
- How smoking affects the digestive system
- How excess weight impacts digestion
- Why probiotics are good for you
- If you can’t chew your food properly and sit down and have a meal that is not rushed, you end up putting a lot of stress on the organs that are involved in digestion. And now all of these organs have to work extra hard in order to break down this food. This also leads to more bloating and more gas.
- Your brain needs time to receive the signal that you’re full, so don’t rush through your meals but slow down and take the time to chew your food.
- Fiber helps to keep food moving through your intestines easily. Soluble fiber draws in water and helps to prevent the stool from being too watery, while insoluble fiber helps to add bulk to your stool.
- Digestive enzymes help to break down the carbs, the fats, and the proteins in your meals.
- Smoking weakens the valve at the end of the esophagus, which leads to more acid reflux and more heartburn.
- Alcohol interferes with acid secretion, your stomach muscles, and nutrient absorption
- Having a few extra pounds can cause digestive issues because the valve between the stomach and the esophagus sometimes won’t close completely, which allows stomach acid to go back into the esophagus.
- 11 Steps to Better Digestion
- Focus on chewing your food.
- Get in plenty of fiber.
- Once you increase your fiber intake, make sure that you also drink a lot of water. The bare minimum is 2 liters per day.
- Reduce stress.
- Take digestive enzymes
- Include warm foods in your meals
- Quit smoking
- Drink less alcohol
- Get rid of excess weight
- Take probiotics
- Improve your digestion in the morning with my anti-aging elixir:
250 mL warm water + 1 T apple cider vinegar + freshly squeezed lemon (½ of a lemon) + 1 scoop collagen powder.
- Drink bone broth.
“[Chewing your food] is really underestimated but it’s so critical for proper digestion. The more you can break down your food in your mouth, the less work has to be done later on with all your other organs.”
“Spend some time writing out what’s possible for your future, because we are all so deserving of so much more joy and love and laughter and ease and grace and flow in our lives.”
Thanks for listening!
If you have 20-plus pounds to lose and you are sick and tired of yo-yo dieting and you’re looking for a way to support your hormones while losing weight, then my 12-week Metabolic Reset Weight Loss Program is definitely the program for you! Click on the link and get a $100 discount as well as my BONUS DIY Beauty Care Videos! If you have any questions about it, don’t hesitate to email me or reach out to me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie.
We will also be hosting a free webinar on December 19 where you can take a peek at the behind-the-scenes of the Metabolic Reset Weight Loss Program and learn the five secrets to slimming down and balancing your hormones without having to diet or spend countless hours on the gym. Sign up now and get my Sugar Detox Program for FREE!
And if you haven’t yet left us a rating or a review, it would mean so much if you do. See you all in 2019! Have the best, happiest holiday ever!
- Oceans Alive
- EASE Magnesium
- Perfect Press Oils
- *Digestive Enzymes from Designs for Health
- *Digestive Enzymes from Genestra
*Get these products at Holistic Wellness Shop.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code PODCAST at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s
- PureFeast – Save 10% off of your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code HOLISTICWELLNESS.
Activation Products – Save 15% off ALL orders with coupon code HW15.