Has the Epstein-Barr virus ever been on your radar? The EBV is a very smart virus that basically hijacks our cells and hides in our immune system, and it’s about time that we know all about it. Get clarity around the steps to take to healing EBV or even just finding out if you have it with Doctor of Clinical Nutrition Kasia Kines.
Visit https://holisticwellness.ca/podcast for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What is chronic active Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)? How is it different from severe chronic active EBV?
- What is the appropriate testing for EBV?
- How does the mechanism of EBV reactivation happen?
- What are the different types of triggers for EBV?
- How relevant is nutrition to EBV?
- One of the things that can trigger EBV reactivation in your infected B-cells is if you happen to have another infection.
- The EBV thrives on toxicity and feeds on excess hormones produced by your body when you’re having hormonal imbalance caused by other health issues, stress, exposure to toxins, etc. It’s very pertinent to women who are breastfeeding or postpartum or going through perimenopausal changes.
- You need to have a plant for every 100 square feet that you live in to filter the air inside your house. The concentration of toxins inside your house is eight times more than outside.
- The food that you eat is important because the food is the foundation. If you start improving your food and decreasing your toxicity level, things will start shifting.
- Selenium stops the replication process of EBV so it is recommended to take selenium supplements.
- You can’t fight EBV when you lack sleep or when your blood sugar is unstable.
- Test for EBV by going to direct to consumer labs. FOR CANADA: Ask your medical doctor for EBV testing.
- If you are going through the airport, you can decrease your toxic load, especially on your thyroid, by avoiding the X-ray machine. Instead, you can request for a pat-down.
- Improve your air quality at home by having green plants indoors.
- If you have heated floors at home, opt for natural rugs that you can wash naturally instead of wall-to-wall carpeting.
- You need to be strategic in targeting EBV because you don’t want to spend a whole year trying to figure it out, you want to start healing.
- Invest in organic food, and avoid microwaving your food. Also, make sure that you don’t go hypoglycemic and that you don’t skip meals.
Dr. Kasia Kines said:
“Once you have a virus, it stays with you for life, so some antibodies will always be elevated if you’ve had it… Pretty much, it’s impossible to not have that virus.”
“Skipping meals is not optional. Having meals that is just one group of food and is not balanced, is not optional. Just like having low nutrient status, having hypoglycemia, ups and downs with the glucose, that is wonderful for the virus but not for us.”
Thanks for listening!
If you have autoimmune issues, Hashimoto’s or any type of thyroid condition, join us in our four-week program, Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s. You can get on the waitlist and receive all the information you need on the free webinar, plus you can download our free recipe ebook.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- The Epstein-Barr Virus Solution: The Hidden Undiagnosed Epidemic of a Virus Destroying Millions of Lives through Chronic Fatigue, Autoimmune Disorders, and Cancer by Kasia Kines
- Medical Medium: Secrets Behind Chronic and Mystery Illness and How to Finally Heal by Anthony William
- Request a Test
- LifeExtension (FOR CANADA: ask your Medical Doctor for EBV testing)
- Herbal Teas for EBV and other Viral Infections (article) by Kasia Kines
Where you can find Dr. Kasia Kines:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s