Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by all the things that you need to get done? Sometimes we are so focused on trying to get to the top of the mountain but we forget the importance of the steps that it takes to actually get there. In this episode, I share some of my reflections and insights that will hopefully help to guide you to more power and possibility.
Visit https://holisticwellness.ca/podcast for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The importance of acknowledging yourself
- Overwhelm a.k.a My Way of Controlling the Future
- Taking control of your health by making the right choices
- Showing up from a place of integrity and cleaning up your life with the out-of-integrity list
- Experiencing joy and happiness
- Standing for the possibility of who people can be
- Why you shouldn’t sacrifice your wellbeing
- Why it’s never about the money
- Coming from a place of love vs coming from a place of fear
- Functioning in Have, Do, Be vs functioning in Be, Do, Have
- How more work could often lead to less living
- We often think that things aren’t moving fast enough or that we’re not doing more. But it’s not about the “doing”, it’s about the “being”. You can’t be your optimal self if all you do is the former and not the latter.
- Overwhelm is an inability to be present that we create from a place of fear. It’s something that allows you to play small, to hide out in fear, and it ultimately makes you really ineffective.
- Recognizing overwhelm allows you to more easily pull yourself out of it and move forward.
- Doing things with integrity is like cleaning up the good, the bad, and the ugly, not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well.
- Whatever it is in your life, if you’re not getting results, check your integrity.
- Joy and happiness is not something that you wait for. You create it, you cultivate it, and it is a choice to experience it.
- Many people are more committed to their current circumstance than their future. They don’t value themselves so they don’t invest in themselves.
- Committing to yourself means that you have a deep sense of self-worth.
- We either come from a place of love or a place of fear. Fear is tied up in our excuses about time, money, and relationships. It’s also tied up with frustration, overwhelm, lack, worry, and doubt. Love is solid. It’s grounded, and it’s rooted, and it’s full of faith in yourself, in the future, and in the universe.
- Take some time to journal and come up with new insights into your life, your family, your relationships, and your business. Consider the following questions:
- What are you more committed to?
- Where are you sacrificing yourself currently in your life?
- Where in your life are you pushing to get a result, versus letting it flow?
- Are you functioning from Have, Do, Be vs. Be, Do, Have?
- What does your future self look like? What do they do? How are they being?
“Does everybody get to this point of having more confidence and being more courageous? No, not necessarily. But it takes time, it takes commitment, it takes openness and lots of willingness, and a whole lot of self-love.”
“Start to live in your truth now so that you can empower those around you to live in their power. Because that’s what it’s really about. When we start to step more powerfully into who we are, then we can give that ability to others to do the same.”
Thanks for listening!
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
- Natures-Source.com – enter code – HOLISTICWELLNESS for a 10% savings. Free shipping to Canada and the US with orders over $50. *You must create a free account in order to use the coupon code. The code cannot be combined with other discounts and offers.
- PureFeast – Save 10% off your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS
Link to my program:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save 60%.
More from Samantha Gladish: