What is the keto diet, and what does it mean to find your own keto? Learn all about keto from author and keto enthusiast Leanne Vogel as she talks about her own keto journey. Have a look into the keto lifestyle and learn how you can do keto right.
Visit https://holisticwellness.ca/podcast for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What happens when you do the ketogenic diet wrong
- The woman-friendly approach to the keto diet
- How we can use our period as a biomarker for health
- Why you should do carb-ups and how to do it
- Going dairy-free on keto
- How to do keto if you have an issue with saturated fats
- Keto and thyroid health
- Tips on fasting
- Navigating the RV lifestyle on keto
- There’s this thing in the ketogenic space that everyone is terrified of called gluconeogenesis, that could lead some people to go about the ketogenic diet the wrong way.
- There’s still a lot of misinformation about what works and what doesn’t work in the ketogenic diet.
- The ketogenic diet is such a therapeutic diet and it heals our bodies in such a way that the body that we had a year from starting keto was a completely different body from the body we have today.
- Holding fear around change actually holds us back from actually accomplishing more with our eating styles.
- By giving ourselves permission to eat carbs when we feel it’s best for our body, it puts the onus on our body to tell us when it’s time to have carbs.
- Fasting is a tool that you can use at your disposal.
- Make sure that you’re doing the ketogenic diet right and figure out what works for you.
- Take note of your blood color during your period and find out what it could mean for your health.
- Switch to using a menstruation cup instead of the usual menstrual pads.
- Use carb-ups to your benefit.
- Use fasting as a tool according to what works best for you.
“Being in a constant state of ketosis maybe isn’t that great, just like riding your bike 24/7 isn’t great… Dipping in and out of ketosis with the ebb and flow of foods available and activities going on, that just makes more of a lifestyle change that you can live long-term.”
“It’s important for anyone, regardless if you’re a blogger or a nutritionist or an expert in whatever, to show vulnerability in whatever you do because that’s how you live from your truth and you continue to learn more about yourself and about the world around you.”
Thanks for listening!
If you have any questions that you would like answered in future Q&A episodes, you can ask me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or contact me through my website. And come to hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- The Keto Beginning by Leanne Vogel
- Fat Fueled by Leanne Vogel
- Get Leann’s two digital programs, The Keto Beginning and Fat Fueled, together for 16% off the regular price as The Keto Bundle.
- Leanne’s FREE Ditch the Sugar eBook
- Happy Keto Body Program
- EatingEvolved – Keto Cups
- Perfect Keto – MCT Oil Powder, Exogenous Ketones Powder, Keto Collagen
- Vital Proteins – Keto Collagen
- Natures-Source.com – enter code – HOLISTICWELLNESS for a 10% savings. Free shipping to Canada and the US with orders over $50. *You must create a free account in order to use the coupon code. The code cannot be combined with other discounts and offers.
- PureFeast – Save 10% off your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS
Link to my program:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save 60%.
More from Leanne Vogel:
Leanne’s Instagram: @healthfulpursuit
More from Samantha Gladish: