What exactly happens with our bodies around ovulation? What do we need to look out for and be conscious of in our cycle? Get ready to learn about these things and more as hormone biohacker and functional naturopath Nicole Harlow talks about all things cervical mucus. Enjoy!
Visit https://holisticwellness.ca/podcast for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How toxic ingredients in makeup can impact our hormones
- Where to start cleaning up your makeup bag
- Apps that can help you discern about beauty care products and its ingredients
- Green beauty as an industry
- Personal care products, menstrual products, and sexual health
- The fertility finger test
- What happens during the time we are ovulating
- The more expensive a makeup is, it doesn’t mean the better it is for you.
- It doesn’t take a lot of toxic chemicals in your products to make a difference.
- If you live in the US, federal regulations allow a certain level of heavy metals in the pigments of makeup products.
- There’s a basic blueprint for what we’re looking for when it comes to hormonal balance throughout the month and fertility.
- It’s helpful to know what the blueprint is so you can see where your body is at.
- Being fertile isn’t just about having a baby, it’s about having healthy hormones overall.
- As a woman, ovulation is a beautiful time to be in.
- Clean up your makeup bag, and do it systematically.
- Make sure that you are using an all-natural deodorant.
- Be a proactive consumer and take the time to know what’s in your products.
- Consider free bleeding during your period.
- Do the fertility finger test and get to know your body at a deeper level.
“Any opportunity for us to get closer to our bodies, to touch, feel, sense what’s going on down there, is a really good thing. We’re not taught any of this when we were growing up… and what you find as you dig down into it is that for most women, there’s a pattern going on.”
“Menstruation and the hormonal cycle is not a curse, it’s a blessing. It’s a blessing to have these beautiful, hormonal shifts every month that you can ride… even PMS can have a gift to it, especially if you approach it with the right mentality.”
Thanks for listening!
And come to hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- The Green Makeup Bag Summit
- EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database
- Think Dirty App
- Better Lover – Susan Bratton’s YouTube Channel
Past episode mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- Cleo&Coco Detox Deodorant
- Naked Truth makeup
- SaltyGirl Beauty Foundation
- RMS Beauty Living Luminizer
- Vapour Beauty
- Kosås Cosmetics lipsticks
- Fitglow Beauty
- LOLA female-friendly condoms
- Sir Richard’s condoms
- Sliquid Natural Intimate Lubricants for Women
- Lunapads Washable Cloth Menstrual Pads
- The DivaCap menstrual cup
- Natures-Source.com – enter code – HOLISTICWELLNESS for a 10% savings. Free shipping to Canada and the US with orders over $50. *You must create a free account in order to use the coupon code. The code cannot be combined with other discounts and offers.
- PureFeast – Save 10% off your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS
Links to my program:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save 60%.
More from Nicole Harlow:
Nicole’s Instagram: @girlmeetsbody
More from Samantha Gladish: