Visit https://holisticwellness.ca/podcast for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Are you frustrated and fed up with struggling with unresolved hormonal health issues? Today, we dive into all things hormones with a certified naturopath, Dr. Naomi Judge, who is well-known in Australia for helping women connect the dots between their health, happiness, and hormones. Find out how a life of optimal vibrancy and joy can be your new normal!
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Some of the common complaints and issues that women are struggling with
- The impact of hormones on our cycles
- Things you can do to help you gain a deeper understanding of your cycle
- Things that drive food sensitivities
- The link between estrogen dominance and food intolerances
- Some everyday foods that we can include in our diets to better support detoxification and our hormonal health
- The top strategies you can do to achieve your new normal
- The benefits of grounding
- Simple things that we can do to support our adrenal health
- Hormones and skin health
- During our cycle, estrogen changes our immune system, so we’re more likely to get coughs and colds at certain times of the month, and we’re more likely to be more susceptible to getting allergies.
- When you’re looking after your hormones, the first thing you need to do is clean your bowel, your liver, and your gallbladder.
- Focusing on self-care is really vital to balancing your hormones. If you’re busy all the time, running from task to task, and constantly feeling stressed, your hormones are not going to get a chance to settle down and you’re going to be in your sympathetic nervous state the whole time.
- When your hormones are beautifully balanced, it brings you that bright, vibrant look, and it’s the best way to prevent premature aging. When they are imbalanced, your looks could change drastically in a short period of time, where your skin is dry and you notice more fine lines and deeper wrinkles.
- Really look at things and track things that have to do with your cycle so you can understand more about it and understand what’s related to your hormones.
- Rather than using an app to track your cycle, write things down.
- Track your food sensitivities based on your cycle.
- Achieve your new normal:
- Start by balancing out your macronutrients and recognizing what a good meal is for you. Learn what meal suits you so that you can start with just having three meals a day and stop having so many snacks, stop craving sugar, and stop feeling hungry after each meal. Also, remove your trigger foods from your diet.
- Focus on self-care.
- Re-balance your nervous system:
- Do deep breathing exercises.
- Eat slowly.
“You feel more in control when you understand that there are things within your control that are driving these symptoms. It’s not something that’s just happening to you… It’s because there are other things going on with your hormones that you can effectively get under control.”
“I think we’re now coming to a realization that what we need as women to get through this busy, stressful time is more focus inwards, more focus on ourselves, and more of that kind of quiet time.”
Thanks for listening!
If you have any questions that you would like answered in future Q&A episodes, you can ask me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or contact me through my website. And come to hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Break Through! To Feeling Fantastic In A Body You Love – A 28-day program to help you transform your body from the inside out.
- Kickstart Free Cleanse – Listeners can claim a discount for the program normally $177 (with this code they get the 28 Day Cleanse for $99). Use COUPON CODE 99DEAL
- Sun Potion products (He Shou Wu, Anandamide)
- Natures-Source.com – enter code – HOLISTICWELLNESS for a 10% savings. Free shipping to Canada and the US with orders over $50. *You must create a free account in order to use the coupon code. The code cannot be combined with other discounts and offers.
- PureFeast – Save 10% off your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS
- Perfect Keto – Use the coupon code HOLISTICWELLNESS and get 15% if you’re ordering in the US.
Link to my program:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save 60%.
More from Naomi Judge:
Naomi’s Instagram: @naturopathnaomi
More from Samantha Gladish:
More About Naomi
Naomi is a certified Naturopath with a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science. Naomi is also a nutritionist, blogger, and author, with her own Sydney-based business. Naomi spent much of her late teens and early twenties struggling with depression, anxiety, and menstrual irregularities. Instead of finding answers Naomi was staring at yet another pillbox. Until eventually Naomi decided to take matters into her owns hands and go back to university and study nutrition and reproductive science. This journey led her to open up her own practice in sunny Sydney. Since then she has helped thousands of women reach their health goals over the past ten years. Naomi is also co-founder of the Break Through! Program. A holistic program designed to help women create radiance, vitality, wellbeing and hormonal balance. Naomi is well known in Australia for her expertise in supporting women who are frustrated, fed up and struggling with unresolved hormonal health problems, by helping women connect the dots between their health, happiness and hormones. Enabling them to live a life of optimal vibrancy and joy – what she calls “Your New Normal.”