Visit https://holisticwellness.ca/podcast for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Are you worried about your wrinkles and grey hair, and feeling like you’re 10 years older than you actually are because your skin isn’t what it used to be? Then you are going to love this episode! We will dive into aging and the 10 ways to slow aging naturally.
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- 10 simple strategies that can really help to slow down the aging process
- The things that affect aging and how they show up on our skin
- Advanced glycation end product (AGE) and what causes it
- How you can reduce stress
- We can’t avoid aging. What we can do is age gracefully and slow down the aging process.
- It’s important that we address aging internally as well as externally.
- Chronic dehydration is a common culprit of aging skin.
- Sleepless nights increase your cortisol levels tenfold.
- Taking a tablespoon of fish oil a day can decrease your chance of getting a heart attack by almost 50%.
- 10 Ways to Slow Aging Naturally
- Ditch the sugar.
- Go gluten-free.
- Drink more water.
- Reduce your stress.
- Load up on antioxidants.
- Eat more protein.
- Lift more weights.
- Use natural beauty care.
- Get more sleep.
- Eat more fat.
“Cortisol isn’t a bad thing. We don’t want it high, we don’t want it low, we just want it in the right balance. And cortisol literally is a life-saving hormone, so it’s important that we have cortisol but we just don’t want chronically high levels of cortisol.”
“Weightlifting is one of the best things you can do to support your hormones and lean muscle mass, and shape your body. It is not going to make you big and muscular… it’s just going to allow to build sexy, lean muscle.”
Thanks for listening!
I want to invite you to join my 12-Week High Fat, Low Carb Program. And if you haven’t done so yet, I would like to invite you to sign up for our twice-weekly newsletter, where you can find lots of amazing recipes and great content, plus exclusive discounts to some of our online programs! You can head on over to holisticwellness.ca/newsletter to sign up.
If you have any questions that you would like answered in future Q&A episodes, you can ask me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or contact me through my website. And come to hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health by William Davis
- My Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe
Past episodes mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- Episode 3: 8 Tips for the Best Sleep Ever
- Episode 7: Tips for Glowing Skin, Safe Sun Protection & Toxic Chemicals in Your Products
- Episode 10: Balancing Hormones with Essential Oils with Dr. Mariza Snyder:
- Episode 18: Q&A: Nutrition for PCOS, Morning & Nighttime Routines, Breast Cancer Prevention + Bone Broth
Recommended beauty brands:
- Natures-Source.com – enter code – HOLISTICWELLNESS for a 10% savings. Free shipping to Canada and the US with orders over $50. *You must create a free account in order to use the coupon code. The code cannot be combined with other discounts and offers.
- PureFeast – Save 10% off your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS
Link to my program:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save 60%.
- 12 Week High Fat, Low Carb Program
More from Samantha Gladish: