Visit https://holisticwellness.ca/podcast for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
I am really excited to dive into another Q&A episode today! I hope to offer up some strategies and support to help you guys move forward from whatever it is that’s concerning you with regards to your hormones and your health. Let’s dive in!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Nutrition steps you can implement to better take care of your hormones
- Creating more structure in your day to day with morning and night routines
- Preventing breast cancer from becoming your destiny
- Things that contribute to breast cancer risk
- My favorite way to make bone broth
- Insulin is such a master hormone in your body that when it’s imbalanced or when you have insulin resistance, it starts to impact all your other sex hormones. Having high amounts of insulin can actually force your ovaries to overproduce testosterone.
- Hormonal birth control increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Women who drink two glasses of wine a night increase their breast cancer risk by 250%.
- Stop snacking. Instead, focus on a clean whole foods diet.
- Have non-negotiables in your morning and night routines.
- Eliminate or cut back on alcohol intake.
- Have an exercise routine and make that commitment to daily movement.
- Experiment and get creative in the kitchen using different varieties of fruits and vegetables.
“The more frequently you eat throughout the day, the more you’re going to spike your insulin. So take out the snacks, eat in meals, and try and balance your meals with that protein, fat and fiber intake… that is by far the best way to support your insulin.”
“Remember, everything that we do for detoxification supports our liver, and our liver metabolizes our hormones. So really important that with a lot of hormonal conditions, we want to make sure that we’re supporting the liver as best as we can.
Thanks for listening!
If you haven’t done so yet, I would like to invite you to sign up for our twice-weekly newsletter, where you can find lots of amazing recipes and great content, plus exclusive discounts to some of our online programs! You can head on over to holisticwellness.ca/newsletter to sign up.
If you have any questions that you would like answered in future Q&A episodes, you can ask me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or contact me through my website. And come hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Bone broth recipe – Go to holisticwellness.ca and search for “bone broth”
- Natures-Source.com – enter code – HOLISTICWELLNESS for a 10% savings. Free shipping to Canada and the US with orders over $50. *You must create a free account in order to use the coupon code. Code cannot be combined with other discounts and offers.
- PureFeast – Save 10% off your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS
Link to my program:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save 60%.
More from Samantha Gladish: