Are you curious about what anti-inflammatory living is like? Find out and get into the anti-inflammatory diet and nutrition with Julie Daniluk as she shares her discovery and understanding of the healing powers of food through her own healing recovery. Enjoy!
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Food intolerance testing versus food elimination
- Favorite sweeteners and sweeteners to avoid
- How inflammation affects hormonal health
- Favorite nutrients for hormonal health
- Some of the biggest nutrition misconceptions
- What to cook for someone who you’re trying to convert to a healthy lifestyle
- Healthy on-the-go snacks and the anti-inflammatory diet
- Don’t be surprised if the very foods that you crave constantly are your biggest allergy foods because of the overexposure.
- When we eat something that we’re addicted to and we’re allergic to, we end up with a massive surge of adrenalin because adrenalin is our natural way of compensating for the allergic reaction.
- Gluten is never an 80/20 rule. You’re either on gluten or off gluten. Because the danger of just being off gluten five days a week is you’re just torturing yourself but you’re not getting any of the benefits.
- A balanced diet is really working in that zone of 33% fat, 33% protein, 33% carbohydrate.
- If you have the accountability of a fitness tracker and you really share that journey with somebody, it’s a 100% game changer.
- Start journaling what you’re eating and discover what foods make you feel amazing and what foods you need to let go of.
- Check if cane sugar is your kryptonite.
- Eat an anti-inflammatory menu.
- Double down on your efforts to stay off of gluten for a minimum of two months to see whether it does have an impact on helping you with whatever health issue you have.
- Get a sense of the hidden sources of sucrose and other sugars in the food that you’re eating.
- Steer clear of the pre-prepared salad dressings that have soya oil or canola oil as the primary ingredient.
- Make sure you’re using real olive oil. Be careful of fake olive oil that’s being sold in conventional grocery stores.
“Food addicts make great nutritionists because you have the compassion to be in the shoes of your client… then they can have hope that breaking up with sugar is possible for them because, on the other side of that, you’re breaking out of food prison.”
“When you’re addicted to food, you’re in food prison. And when you’re in a diet, you’re in food prison. But what we want is to move you into that place of freedom.”
Thanks for listening!
As always, if you have any questions, you can ask me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or submit your questions for future Q&A episodes over at https://holisticwellness.ca/contact/. I also would love it if you could hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Julie’s 21-Day Hot Detox Online Program – Use coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS and save 50% off
- Meals That Heal Inflammation – A book by Julie Daniluk
- The Slippery Business Of The Fake Olive Oil Industry – A blog post by Julie Daniluk
- The Hot Detox Plan – A book by Julie Daniluk
- Natures-Source.com – enter code – HOLISTICWELLNESS for a 10% savings. Free shipping to Canada and the US with orders over $50. *You must create a free account in order to use the coupon code. Code cannot be combined with other discounts and offers.
- PureFeast – Save 10% off your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS
Link to my Online Hormone Program:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save 60%.
More from Julie Daniluk:
Julie’s Website: www.juliedaniluk.com
Julie’s Instagram: @juliedaniluk
Julie’s Twitter: @JulieDaniluk
More from Samantha Gladish:
More About Julie
Nutritionist Julie Daniluk hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. The show is aired in 78 countries worldwide including the USA on the Z Living Network.Julie is the bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation, Slimming Meals That Heal and her latest book, Hot Detox, was on the National Bestseller’s List for 11 weeks in 2017.
Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show and is a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show.
Check out more information at juliedaniluk.com and connect with her on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @juliedaniluk