What are some of the basic foundational things to optimize your hormones? Here are 6 simple must-haves that you can implement in your health and hormone journey.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode143.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The 6 healthy hormone must haves
- Eating an anti-inflammatory diet
- Removing refined carbohydrates
- Focusing and optimizing gut health
- Testing your vitamin D and making sure you’re getting optimal levels
- Optimizing your sleep
- Eating healthy fats and not fearing fats
- An anti-inflammatory diet consists of a variety of good quality sources of protein, healthy fats, fiber, gluten-free grains, and high-antioxidant fruits and berries.
- Having a diet that is high in refined carbohydrates is going to impact your insulin levels. Over time, it can promote insulin resistance, which can then lead to issues with food cravings and low energy, maintaining healthy body composition, and type 2 diabetes.
- High fiber vegetables are rich in indole-3-carbinol which is a compound that helps to remove foreign estrogens from the body.
- Having proper gut flora and enough healthy bacteria and gut flora is important for daily bowel movements which is one of the ways we detoxify and eliminate toxins from our body.
- If you have issues going on with your cortisol and adrenals, the better you can address that, the better you will sleep.
- Remove refined carbohydrates from your diet by replacing them with high fiber veggies and grains.
- Seek professional help if you are not pooping regularly. (We should be pooping 2-3 times a day.)
- Test your vitamin D levels to determine how much of it you need to supplement.
- Have a healthy sleep routine and go to bed no later than 11 p.m.
- Get support when you’re having trouble with sleep.
- Supplement and eat the right kind of fats. And be conscious about avoiding the inflammatory oils.
“If you’re struggling with sleep, it’s so important to figure out why… because without sleep, your body can’t heal; you’re going to have a ton of issues with hormones and balancing hormones.”
“Especially as we age and hormone levels change, and different things come up in our life and stressors, there’s always going to be things that impact our health and our hormones. So it’s always essential to come back to the foundational elements.”
Thanks for listening!
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow, and you’re going to love it.
Join our Healthy Hormones Monthly Recipe Club for $9 a month! Each month, we do a different theme, and for March, it’s all things thyroid health.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter! And don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They’re great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress.
- Head to your local health food store and check out some amazing products from Garden of Life. Garden of Life Plant Iron and Herbs and their vegan vitamin D3 spray are two fantastic products – https://www.gardenoflife.com.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s