What does preconception planning look like, and when is the best time to start? Toronto-based author, speaker, nutritionist, and founder of the Academy of Culinary Nutrition Meghan Telpner shares her own experience with preconception planning, miscarriage and pregnancy. In this episode, you’ll be empowered to become your own best health expert and be inspired to find your own unique path to optimal health.
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
More About Meghan
Meghan Telpner is a Toronto-based author, speaker, nutritionist, and founder of the Academy of Culinary Nutrition. She’s written two bestselling books: UnDiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health and The UnDiet Cookbook. Meghan’s success in cultivating a global community of UnDiet enthusiasts and Culinary Nutrition Experts has garnered her features in Forbes and ranking her as one of the top 100 female entrepreneurs in Canada. For more visit MeghanTelpner.com.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The UnDiet revolution
- How Meghan’s own diet transitioned from diet to undiet
- Meghan’s experience with miscarriage
- What preconception planning looks like
- The essentials you need to have during pregnancy
- How to manage your diet post-pregnancy
- ‘Diet’ for babies
- The Culinary Nutrition Program
- The best time to start to start preconception planning is right now.
- There are people who have healthy vegan pregnancies, but if your body is not getting the fats that you need and your body is asking for more protein and fat, it can be really challenging. It’s important not to deny what your body is naturally trying to communicate that it needs and to follow what you feel is best for you and your baby.
- Through anecdotal evidence, it seems that a miscarriage is incredibly common before sustaining a healthy pregnancy.
- The pill is completely toxic and will mess with your hormones potentially for the rest of your life unless you take active measures to clean up the damage that it does nutrient-wise and hormonally-wise.
- The most effective way that women detoxify is through the placenta, into their unborn child, so the least amount of chemicals that end up in your body, the less work you have to do immediately before becoming pregnant.
- The microbiome of your gut becomes the first microbiome of your child.
- If you’re bringing a human into the world, the least you can do is get the toxins out of your life.
- Modify your diet according to what works best for you.
- Detoxify and start living a clean lifestyle. Get rid of the products that contain toxic and unsafe ingredients.
- Always have good protein sources and healthy snacks in your pantry.
“I think that if we can bring humor and fun and joy into the process of living our lives, that’s beyond half the batter towards feeling good inside and out.”
“The time to start preconception planning is today. It doesn’t matter how old you are. If you’re 15 or you’re 25 or you’re 35, if you want to have children in your lifetime, you have to start now.”
Thanks for listening!
As always, if you have any questions, you can ask me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or submit your questions for future Q&A episodes over at https://holisticwellness.ca/contact/. I also would love it if you could hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- UnDiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health by Meghan Telpner
- The UnDiet Cookbook by Meghan Telpner
- Miscarriages Happen and It’s Okay. Here’s What No One Talks About. – Meghan’s miscarriage story
- Preconception Planning: When To Start, What To Do, and Why It Matters – Meghan’s Article on preconception planning here
- Culinary Nutrition Levels affiliate link – Sign up to one of the certified Culinary Nutrition Levels through my affiliate link here and get a 60-minute Business Coaching Strategy session with me.
- Culinary Nutrition Program and Certification – Learn about the Culinary Nutrition Program and Certification here
Links to my programs:
- Summer Hormone Detox Program – Use the coupon code SAVE10 at checkout to save $10
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save 60%!
Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder – use the coupon code holisticwellness at checkout to get 15% off your order
More from Meghan Telpner:
Meghan’s Website: www.meghantelpner.com
Meghan’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/meghantelpner/
More from Samantha Gladish: