How do you navigate life’s many curve balls? Josephine Atluri shares her insights and how she’s become an expert at meditation and overcoming adversity through her unique fertility journey.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode123.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Josephine’s journey through IVF and surrogacy
- Strategies that women can implement to prepare for their IVF journey
- Everyday tools that women can use when they’re feeling stressed
- What meditation means
- Some simple steps to get started on meditation
- Josephine’s non-negotiables
- Managing your relationship with your partner in close quarters
- Self-care strategies
- The IVF process can be so taxing on your mental and emotional wellbeing that it’s very important to have a solid foundation of love for yourself.
- The breath is so powerful because it’s the gateway to moving from a state of stress to a state of relaxation.
- What’s happening during meditation is that you’re practicing to tune in to the present moment.
- If you decide to go down the IVF route, establish a foundation for yourself.
- Learn to advocate for yourself.
- Give space for yourself in terms of love and compassion.
- Find a support network.
- Reduce stress by incorporating mindfulness techniques that are rooted in witnessing the present moment.
- Use breathing techniques to calm down.
- Do a body scan.
- Get started on meditation:
- Tie it to an existing ritual.
- Pick a time that works best for you.
- Be kind and compassionate to yourself.
“I’m a really big advocate of having a number of tools in your self-care toolkit… because some days one thing will work, and on other days, it just doesn’t and you have to try something new.”
“The beauty of meditation is that it translates to your everyday life… you’re practicing being able to return back into the witnessing of the present moment, into whatever it is that you’re in the middle of.”
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Interested in learning more about my ALIGN & LEAD BUSINESS MENTORSHIP Program? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join me in my FREE Holistic Business Collective FaceBook Group for weekly business and marketing trainings
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out Organifi Immune to help support your body during the cold and flu season. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES for your 15% savings
- Save 20% off ALL Alitura Naturals SkinCare at https://alituranaturals.com. The Clay Mask is the BEST!!
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% storewide on LeesTea and LeesGhee (the one chai is my absolute fav!). Use code HEALTHYHORMONES
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs.
Where you can find Josephine Atluri:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s