Are you struggling with any digestive issues that could be affecting your hormones and overall health? Former opera singer turned nutritionist and gut expert Alyssa Labrecque is on the show to talk about beating IBS and other gut issues, and how you can optimize your gut health.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode108
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Why gut health is important
- Why you might be experiencing digestive issues and when do you need to start worrying about them
- What gut maintenance looks like
- Why maintaining your minerals is important
- How the gut is connected to your hormones and hormonal imbalances
- The symptoms of SIBO and how you might get it
- The Low FODMAP Diet
- What to look for when purchasing probiotics
- You should be pooping two to three times per day.
- You should be pooping in quantity from your elbow to your wrist every single day.
- You can carry up to 20 pounds of poop in your colon, and if you’re not eliminating all that poop, that’s going to affect not only your gut but also your hormone health.
- Maintenance of your gut has to happen, otherwise, gut issues will start to snowball and affect other bodily systems.
- When it comes to gut issues, mineral deficiencies can have a big role in the symptoms that you’re experiencing.
- Hormonal imbalances are a symptom and we need to understand what’s causing them to happen in the first place. Otherwise, we’re just managing the symptom and we’re not preventing or reversing a health issue or regaining quality of life.
- If there’s a hormone imbalance going on, there’s usually a bacterial imbalance.
- Make sure to maintain your good bacteria, your enzymes, and the integrity of your gut, i.e. preventing leaky gut from occurring.
- Get your mineral levels tested and see what minerals you need.
“It’s incredible to see what some of our daily habits or how some of our daily habits might be impacting us.”
“Supplementing is important but also understanding how can I ensure that I’m absorbing these nutrients that I’m depleted in.”
Thanks for listening!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Thanks to LetsGetChecked for being a sponsor for this episode
- Let’s Get Checked – Get your at home women’s health test kits here – https://trylgc.com/healthyhormones
- Save 20% off with coupon code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% off North American Herb and Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15%
- AOR – you can order online at https://aor.us/ (USA) or https://aor.ca/ (CANADA). Use the code healthyhormones2020 for an extra 5% off, on top of any other discounts.
- My ebooks, meal plans & guides are on sale for 20% off with the code SAVE20 – visit shop.holisticwellness.ca to explore your options. If you’re looking for healthy recipe inspiration, there are a ton of meal plans + recipes available there for you to dive into. You’ll get instant access so you can start cooking right away.
- You can get ALL Designs for Health supplements for 10% off with the code SAVE10 over at shop.holisticwellness.ca
Where you can find Alyssa Labrecque
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s