What is the impact of estrogen dominance to women over 40? What happens when you transition from estrogen dominance to estrogen absence? Certified health coach Maria Claps shares her expertise and knowledge about this subject to give us an episode that’s packed with valuable information.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode103
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Estrogen dominance and how it changes in women as they age
- What happens when your estrogen starts to drop off
- The different symptoms and problems that can arise with low estrogen
- The best way to make the transition from estrogen dominance to estrogen absence
- Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and when you should consider it
- The DUTCH test
- Bioidentical hormones vs synthetic hormones
- Estrogen dominance is when your estrogen is out of balance with your progesterone. It essentially tends to be a progesterone deficiency.
- Women can go from estrogen dominance to estrogen absence at some point in their 40s and they don’t always know when that shift has occurred.
- You need a good, robust amount of estrogen at about the 12th day of your cycle in order to ovulate, and when you ovulate, you get progesterone.
- When your estrogen lowers, you can experience symptoms like vaginal dryness, but flashes, and mood issues.
- Learn more about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
- Cut down your carbohydrates.
- Exercise according to your adrenal capacity.
“Your sex hormones in balance will make for much easier weight loss.”
“My number one tip for women that are in that menopausal transition is to stop eating so many carbohydrates… You simply do not have the metabolic bandwidth, with age, to be eating copious amounts of carbohydrates.”
Thanks for listening!
The Metabolic Reset program is now ON SALE! Registration is open until April 17, 2020. You can grab the savings and also get on the 6-month payment plan.
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 15% off North American Herb and Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15%
- AOR – you can order online at https://aor.us/ (USA) or https://aor.ca/ (CANADA). Use the code healthyhormones2020 for an extra 5% off, on top of any other discounts.
- My ebooks, meal plans & guides are on sale for 20% off with the code SAVE20 – visit shop.holisticwellness.ca to explore your options. If you’re looking for healthy recipe inspiration, there are a ton of meal plans + recipes available there for you to dive into. You’ll get instant access so you can start cooking right away.
- You can get ALL Designs for Health supplements for 10% off with the code SAVE10 over at shop.holisticwellness.ca
Where you can find Maria Claps
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s