What happens when you have high estrogen levels, and what can you do about it? If you want to learn more about estrogen dominance, this podcast is chock-full with the information that will help you avoid it or heal it, and inspire you to make that change to hormonal health!
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What is estrogen dominance?
- What are the symptoms of estrogen dominance?
- What are some causes of estrogen dominance?
- What can we do to heal estrogen dominance?
- Estrogen dominance for women is the condition of having far too much estrogen in relation to other hormones, in particular, progesterone in the body.
- With the overexposure that we have to plastics, chemicals, environmental toxins, food toxins, and stress, there is a good chance that many people are dealing with estrogen dominance.
- One of the main reasons why there has been a noticeable rise in estrogen dominance among women is because the use of the birth control pill has become so popular.
- The more fat cells you have, the more estrogen you will make. And the more estrogen you make, the more fat you will store.
- Do a DUTCH test or a saliva test to find out where your hormone levels are at.
- Limit your soy and coffee intake.
- Find a healthier alternative to the birth control pill.
- Avoid personal care products that contain xenoestrogens and other toxic chemicals.
- Filter your water and drink out of glass or stainless steel.
- Eat enough fiber and choose organic as much as possible.
- Dry brush.
- Ditch the plastic.
- Manage your stress.
- Take supplements that can help with estrogen dominance.
“The pill is really going to create the perfect storm for hormonal imbalances.”
“It’s really important to support a healthy body weight and to support detoxification overall.”
Thanks for listening!
If you are interested in diving deeper into your hormonal health, check out my six-week online program Healthy Hormones for Women. You can go at your own pace with weekly webinars tackling different topics like liver detoxification, gut health, blood sugar management, adrenal health, etc. Plus you also get an incredible cyclical meal plan!
If you have any questions that you would like for me to answer in future Q&A episodes, you can ask me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or contact me through my website. And I would love it if you could hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave us a rating and a review!
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Recommended brands and products:
Past episodes mentioned:
More from Samantha Gladish: