I get a lot of questions that come in via email or on Instagram or through my website, and I figured I might as well put these into a podcast. So get ready to learn a ton of information as we dive into our very first Q&A episode!
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How to combat PMS cravings for sugar
- Starting a detox program and doing a parasite cleanse
- Where I shop for clothes
- The collagen brands I use and how I use them
- Getting off the pill and having issues with fertility
- It’s common to have PMS cravings around your cycle.
- A combination of healthy fats, protein and fruits and vegetables in your diet is essential to combating sugar cravings.
- Getting different types of animal fats in your diet is really important as they are very nutrient-dense and great for supporting hormonal health.
- Oftentimes, when we are craving for something or we are hungry, it might really mean that we are dehydrated and we are not drinking enough water.
- Lack of magnesium is typically the reason why we crave a lot of chocolate.
- The number one way to support detoxification is with your diet.
- After getting off the pill, you really need to give your body time to heal and time for your hormones to readjust again. It might take six months to even up to a year for you to get your period back.
- Take a look at your diet overall and create that clean, healthy foundation in your diet. Are you getting in enough healthy fats? Are you getting in a variety of fruits and vegetables? Are you getting in enough quality protein sources?
- Make sure to always drink enough water.
- Set aside a year to heal your body after getting off the pill before you consider getting pregnant.
“Your hormones need fat to function.”
“You are literally detoxing every second of every day.”
Thanks for listening!
If you are interested in diving deeper into your hormonal health, check out my six-week online program Healthy Hormones for Women. You can go at your own pace with weekly webinars tackling different topics like liver detoxification, gut health, blood sugar management, adrenal health, etc. There is so much I have in store for you there, so make sure to check it out!
If you have any questions that you would like answered in future Q&A episodes, you can ask me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or contact me through my website. And come hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Vital Proteins Collagen Powder (affiliate link)
Recommended brands and products:
Past episodes mentioned:
More from Samantha Gladish: