Have you ever experienced burnout in your life or thought that there was something missing in it? What about the thought that there’s something more for you to do, more for you to become and more for you to achieve? Is it even possible to reach your goals and live a life of purpose without losing yourself on the path to success? This is such an important conversation to have and one that my good friend and leadership consultant, Oliver Manalese, shares his expertise. Let’s dive in!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What is aligned reinvention and how important it is for women to do
- What to do when you feel stuck
- The steps that we can take to move into what’s possible for our future
- Managing self-expectations
- How you can succeed without losing yourself
- That thing you do that limits your possibility
- How our survival mechanism works
- How you can step into your essence
- Strategies have their own limitations because they’re just a tool. The deep inner work you need to do is to really develop yourself to become the best driver of whatever strategy you choose in life.
- All the tools and strategies that got you to the success that you are now are not going to get you to the possibility of who you could be.
- To lose yourself means letting the things that are genuinely important to you wither away and die because you are chasing something else.
- How to not lose yourself is to be honest and acknowledge that you are in fact turning your back on things that are important to you.
- Acknowledge what it is actually costing you to be living the life that you are living right now and not stepping into your potential.
- Be clear about what you actually really want for yourself.
- Determine where you are relative to where you want to be in life.
- Figure out the next step that you have to do in order to win and look at all the other things that come with the choice that you’re making.
- Show in your actions the things that are important to you. Don’t just say it, do it.
- Deconstruct the cycle that you constantly do that is limiting yourself.
“Sometimes the biggest barrier to a great life is a good life.”
“We all need to be playing a role in managing our own expectations of ourselves.”
Thanks for listening!
I would love to hear from you! Find me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or come hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook. Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a review so I know how you’re liking the podcast!
That Thing You Do (Oliver’s blog post)
More from Oliver Manalese:
Reinvention Roadmap – 2 Day Workshop – (use code HOLISTIC for 33% savings)
More from Samantha Gladish:
More About Oliver
Oliver Manalese runs a leadership consultancy. He is an expert in coaching, consulting, and training achievement-oriented leaders in Aligned Reinvention. With a focus on sustainable high performance and improved quality of life, Oliver is committed to guiding clients through a deep, lasting transformation.
The most common remark from clients is, “I am living a life I once thought was impossible!”
Whether it’s personal or professional projects, Oliver’s clients report having a lasting sense of inner peace, satisfaction, confidence, joy, and abundance. Clients become better practiced at breaking through resistance, accessing a new level of authenticity, and creating a life they love.
Oliver is also the host of The Oliver Manalese Show available on Apple Podcasts.